• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sen. Kay Hagan is PRO- A.W.B.!

spy1

imported post

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066615

I recently wrote to Senator Hagan (D-NC) concerning the possibility of an AWB and this is the reply I received:

May 12, 2009

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. I greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue.
Like you, I have always been an advocate for Second Amendment rights. My family, like the great state of North Carolina, has a long tradition of hunting and gun ownership, and I take great pride in that heritage. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate I continuously supported the responsible use of firearms. As your United States Senator, I will continue working to protect these fundamental, constitutional rights while opposing onerous restrictions on gun ownership.
As you may know, the Federal Assault Weapons Ban provision of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 expired in September of 2004. While I understand the concerns of those who do not wish to see it renewed, I do support its reauthorization. During my tenure in the North Carolina Senate, I considered crime prevention a top priority. In discussing this issue with law enforcement officials across the state, they told me this law has been an important tool in preventing crime and keeping our streets safe. National police organizations such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, and the Fraternal Order of Police have all expressed support for the ban.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Click the image to open in full size.
Kay R. Hagan
United States Senator, North Carolina "

I think every single member from N.C. should respond to this stance on her part immediately. She doesn't even have her facts right - here's my "sample" email/FAX:

==================================

Your stance on renewing an “A.W.B” is WRONG – and SERIOUSLY out-of-step with your constituents’ wishes!

The information your stand is based on is also wrong:

For starters, when Congress imposed the ban in 1994, it required a study of the ban’s effect. The resulting study concluded, “the banned weapons and magazines were never used in more than a small fraction of all gun murders.” To put things in perspective, state and local police reports have shown that “assault weapons” are used in about one percent of murders, but more than 30 percent of murders are committed without any kind of firearm whatsoever.

Even the VPC admits that the ban had no effect on crime. Violent crime started falling in 1991, three years before the ban was imposed, and has continued to fall since the ban expired.

Also, 65 of your fellow Democrats have stated THEIR resistance to a “new” A.W.B. – do you think THEY’RE all wrong, too? ( http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/AWBLettertoHolder309.pdf )

I seriously suggest you educate yourself about why the FIRST “Automatic Weapons Ban” WAS allowed to expire. Those reasons still hold true: http://www.nraila.org/Issues/factsheets/read.aspx?ID=163

And I PROMISE you that your “support” for a new “A.W.B” WILL cost you the next election should you choose to maintain that position.

I FURTHER submit that your statement and position is going to result IN EVEN MORE weapons purchases in North Carolina – because you can BET that if you support a BAN, then your constituents are going to STOCK UP BEFOREHAND.

Are you comfortable with being responsible for that?
(Signed)

=========================================

Feel free to use that by c&p'ing it into an email or a FAX.

Sen. (temporarily) Hagan's contact info is as follows:

WASHINGTON, DC OFFICE

521 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: 202-224-6342
Fax: 202-228-2563
GREENSBORO OFFICE – STATE HEADQUARTERS

701 Green Valley Rd; Suite 201
Greensboro, NC 27408
Phone: 336-333-5311
Fax: 336-333-5331
RALEIGH OFFICE

310 New Bern Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: 919-856-4630
Fax: 919-856-4053
TOLL FREE FOR NORTH CAROLINIANS

P: 1-877-852-9462 and her email contact info is:

http://hagan.senate.gov/?p=contact

Gunslinger

imported post

Just remember when the pos runs for reelection. Both pelosi and reid have said it's doa and won't even try to pass it. But this bitch should get the publicity she deserves for her stance.

nobama

imported post

I just E mailed her. I suggest everyone either call,fax,or E mail her. Let her have it!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

wethepeople wrote:
I just E mailed her. I suggest everyone either call,fax,or E mail her. Let her have it!

Also, join and/or support the pro-gun advocates such as NRA, GOA, SAF, etc.

The more members there are, the better it is for all of us.
113.gif