Thread: carrying your wifes gun

Post imported post

I have cpl, wife has cpl, can we carry each others handgun.

can i being carrying mine and hers also.

what law stipulates this?

Post imported post

Yes.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...0953--,00.html

Last question on the page:

"3. Is it okay if I loan my pistol to a friend?

MCL 28.432 An individual can carry, possess, use or transport a pistol belonging to another individual, if the pistol is properly licensed and inspected under the Act, and the individual carrying, possessing, using or transporting the pistol has obtained a license to carry a pistol concealed permit from Michigan."
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    Yes.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...0953--,00.html

Last question on the page:

"3. Is it okay if I loan my pistol to a friend?

MCL 28.432 An individual can carry, possess, use or transport a pistol belonging to another individual, if the pistol is properly licensed and inspected under the Act, and the individual carrying, possessing, using or transporting the pistol has obtained a license to carry a pistol concealed permit from Michigan."
    Here's the link to the statute:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-432

Post imported post

there is not law limiting the number of weapons CCW/CPL holders carry, only they must be legal firearms. (ie: registered, and you have to have permission from the owner/registrar of the firearm)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    there is not law limiting the number of weapons CCW/CPL holders carry, only they must be legal firearms. (ie: registered, and you have to have permission from the owner/registrar of the firearm)
    True. What this boils down to is the legislative intent when the law was written. Did they intend it to be one pistol or many, with one license? The courts have to decide.

For now, until there is case law backing it, most all lawyers recommend you only carry one with your pistol license. But you'd be hard-pressed to find a prosecuting attorney to want to take a case based solely on the fact that you were carrying two concealed weapons on your person.