• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carrying your wifes gun

bb

imported post

I have cpl, wife has cpl, can we carry each others handgun.

can i being carrying mine and hers also.

what law stipulates this?

EM87

imported post

Yes.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1586_27094-10953--,00.html

Last question on the page:

"3. Is it okay if I loan my pistol to a friend?

MCL 28.432 An individual can carry, possess, use or transport a pistol belonging to another individual, if the pistol is properly licensed and inspected under the Act, and the individual carrying, possessing, using or transporting the pistol has obtained a license to carry a pistol concealed permit from Michigan."

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EM87 wrote:
Yes.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1586_27094-10953--,00.html

Last question on the page:

"3. Is it okay if I loan my pistol to a friend?

MCL 28.432 An individual can carry, possess, use or transport a pistol belonging to another individual, if the pistol is properly licensed and inspected under the Act, and the individual carrying, possessing, using or transporting the pistol has obtained a license to carry a pistol concealed permit from Michigan."

Here's the link to the statute:

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-432

stephgrinage23

imported post

there is not law limiting the number of weapons CCW/CPL holders carry, only they must be legal firearms. (ie: registered, and you have to have permission from the owner/registrar of the firearm)

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
there is not law limiting the number of weapons CCW/CPL holders carry, only they must be legal firearms. (ie: registered, and you have to have permission from the owner/registrar of the firearm)

True. What this boils down to is the legislative intent when the law was written. Did they intend it to be one pistol or many, with one license? The courts have to decide.

For now, until there is case law backing it, most all lawyers recommend you only carry one with your pistol license. But you'd be hard-pressed to find a prosecuting attorney to want to take a case based solely on the fact that you were carrying two concealed weapons on your person.