• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"BEAST BUTLER" 2A AN INDIVIDUAL's RIGHT

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Abraham Lincoln's Attorney General gave Benjamin F. Butler , Civil War General , lawyer , & Republican , a case concerning the Second Amendment with the Supreme Court .

Butler's argument proved that the Second Amendment's Right to Keep and Bear Arms is an individual right . The RKBA was also against gun prohibition lobbies of his time . The basis of Butler's premise is the Second Amendment RKBA inhered in individuals included slaves that were made free .

The Supreme Court plainly saw the Second Amendment as guaranteeing an individual right .

Butler also wrote the original " Civil Rights Act " in 1871 , although racial minorities would have to wait until the " Civil Rights Act " of 1964 to pass to revive the law Butlerwrote .

Our Open Carry tent is massive .

Alexcabbie

imported post

Gotta take issue with ya here, Razor. Butler didn't get the name "Beast" for nothing. He was in charge of the City of Alexandria during the War of Northern Aggression, and among other things looked the other way if Union soldiers forcibly defiled ladies and girls who did not show them "proper respect". Reinhard Heydrich was a more honorable man. Butler turned Christ Church into a stable ( a favorite Union tactic for showing a subjugated people they were just that) and reprisals agiainst even suspected acts of sabotage or sedition were dealt with harshly.

Just for the record I am a damnyankee transplant, born in Indianapolis IN and grew up in Dayton OH and all of my ancestors (except the Cherokee line of my great-grandmother) fought on the Union side. But if the Civil War were to break out afresh, I would fight for Virginia; and if Butler got too close to me I would very happily blow his effing brains all over whatever or whomever he were standing near. And it's a pity he survived the war.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Butler was the initial 'occupier' of Maryland and employed the same tactics. Ladies chamberpots of the day had his image in the bottom of them. I've often been puzzled as to why he DID survive the war? I should think that the Knights of the Golden Circle would have gotten to him at some point.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie and Sonora Rebel ,

Born Durham , N.C. and part of youth south of Pittsburg, Pa. Both branches go pre Revolution here in N.C.

Being politically balanced instead of politically correct is like walking through a mine field that surounds a NAZI death camp .

At the time it may have been necessary to use the Fat Man to break the will of the enemy in order to save many lives .

Was it Patton that said he didn't expect you to die for your country ? What was that thing he said ?

Alfred's E=M/Cx2 makes more sense written as "Mass is equal to energy slowed down" and mass is made of the higgs boson god particle . One's POV is effected by the current PCness , just ask AWD about Nakasaki .