Thread: Help!!

Post imported post

My paper carried an article today against carrying guns in bars (although in tenn-

essee there is no definition for them) and I'm wanting to write another denouncing

all that he's written. (Thank god the governor vetoed it, what were the other legis-

lators thinking about!!!, yada, yada, yada, same ole, same ole.)

Needing websites, and statistics about this to refute all that he is writing about and

possibly to educate a lot of others too. All help appreciated, thanks.

Post imported post

What exactly did they say that you're looking to refute? Would be helpful beyond just "guns in bars". A gun walks into a bar...?

Post imported post

Should have made it clearer. It's not bars per se, but restaurants that serve liquor

and beer. What i was needing was stats from other states that would refute all

this person is writing about. Now how is that, clearer?

Banned

Post imported post

no emotion cant be refuted theres no winning arguing with stupidity

Post imported post

You could start with a list of states that do NOT prohibit carrying open or concealed in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol. Minnesota, where I live, does not prohibit it but has a 0.04% limit where your permit is violated. I am not aware of any incidents where this has taken place.

Post imported post

Statistics are irrelevant. The simple logic is that laws only affect people who follow laws. How much did your "no guns in bars" law help Benjamin Felix Goeser? He was shot at Jonny's Sports Bar on Nolensville Road in Nashville, on April 2, 2009. Dangerous people who do bad things don't care about laws and carry were ever they want.