• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo / EBR situation

Chaingun81

imported post

I haven't really been looking for ammo for past month or so after I managed to secure minimum safety stock of main calibers I shoot (before you lable me as a hoarder, I only have less than a 1000 rounds per caliber). I was wondering if the situation improved at all since then, stayed the same or got worse. A month ago, 9mm wascatchable in Walmarts with some effort, 45 was nearly impossible to find, 7.62x39 availabilty was low but seemed to be improving rather rapidly.

The second question is EBR availiability. I noticed that the choice of those improved drastically between February and April Dulles gun shows, but prices stayed pretty elevated. Any news on this front?

hsmith

imported post

Wait times on various websites have gone down from months to a few weeks - so take that for what it is worth.

BHO or the AG could say something tomorrow and send it into a tailspin again

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ammo is expected to remain critical until at least next year, sooner maybe if folks realize Obama is impotent on effecting any gun control.

EBRs have been more available and prices lowering accordingly.

rkbaguy

imported post

Prices will peak again as the 2010 election comes into focus.

If you are short now, you should deal with the problem sooner rather than later.

Olivers_AR

imported post

Passing it on, 5.56 group buy forming in the VAHTF on ar15. ~$415/K, pickup just overthe WV line. Trying to get a 100 units/Full pallet.

Note: Not my buy, just passing it on for interested parties.