• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A Poll on Lou Dobbs CNN show - GO VOTE NOW!!!

cagueits

imported post

He's just talking about it at CNN right now (they are waiting for people to go vote on the poll to show the results live on the show).

Go here and vote!!! (poll is on the right side of the webpage, scroll down a bit to see it)

http://www.loudobbs.com/

Heres the question you'll find:

Do you believe that the guarantees of the 2nd amendment to keep and bear arms are a fundamental right of freedom and therefore should be guaranteed to every American in every state?

sha-ul

imported post

current results as of 9:17 central
Do you believe that the guarantees of the 2nd amendment to keep and bear arms are a fundamental right of freedom and therefore should be guaranteed to every American in every state?
Yes 92% 4556
No 8% 403
Total Votes: 4959
This is not a scientific poll

old dog

imported post

If people continue to think independently, who can guess where it might lead?

When the Dear Leader wants you to have an opinion he'll give you one.

Huck

imported post

Yes
93%

No
7%

Total Votes: 7348

I agree with Airforce1. I doubt the Communist News Network will air the results of this poll.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

cagueits wrote:
Heres the question you'll find:

As written, I would have to vote "No" on this poll question.

I certainly believe that 2A is a guarantee of a fundamental right of freedom. But I don't think it 2A should be guaranteed "to every American."

There are certain Americans who should not have guns. Scott Roeder, for example. Or other violent loons like him.

In general, I think that the first thing that should be done to a murderer is to rescind his fundamental right of freedom, including his right to firearms. Gawd, that's a no-brainer...

orthzar

imported post

HankT wrote:
As written, I would have to vote "No" on this poll question.

I certainly believe that 2A is a guarantee of a fundamental right of freedom. But I don't think it 2A should be guaranteed "to every American."

There are certain Americans who should not have guns. Scott Roeder, for example. Or other violent loons like him.

In general, I think that the first thing that should be done to a murderer is to rescind his fundamental right of freedom, including his right to firearms. Gawd, that's a no-brainer...
Rights are guaranteed to all individuals(or at least citizens). I have all of my rights until I do something that violates another's rights. If I kill someone, then I have violated that individuals right to life, and that nullifies many of my rights until I have at least served my sentence. Repeat violations should eventually lead to execution.

I read "to every American" to mean those who have not committed a violent crime like murder or armed robbery. American citizens should be understood as being law-abiding. Voting is a sign of citizenship, and you can't vote while in prison.

I voted and the poll is 97% to 3%.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

113.gif
111.gif
41.gif
113.gif
111.gif
41.gif
113.gif
111.gif
41.gif
113.gif
111.gif
41.gif

Over the top!!!!!!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

Yes
101.3%

No
-1.3%