• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Milwaukee attempting to enact pre-empted ordinance

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Okay well I have been following this closely as I am a resident. I have contacted the police department three times and just got a copy of the ordinance they want to enact. Here is the exact wording.

Section 23.03 Firearms Prohibited. (1) It is unlawful for any person to carry any firearm, loaded or unloaded in any public building, on the grounds surrounding any public building, in any public park, in any school, on any school grounds, on any playground,at little league field,throughout Grant Park and the Oak Creek Parkway, on any premises liscensed for the sale of alcoholic beverages and on the grounds of and within any premises where the owner or lessee has posted a sign prohibiting the carrying of firearms.

WOW this is obviously in confliction with the state pre-emption statute. I never would have thought anyone would be so ignorant of the law...... Give the common counsel members a call! This can't pass!

Ben

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I suggest you immediately file a complaint with the district attorney. They intend to violate 66.0409. Just like the DA/police department investigates Open Meetings law violations, file a complaint with the DA and do it now! Get your fellow OC supporters to go down to the DA's office and file a complaint as well.

If the DA refuses to investigate, flood him/her with inquiries as to why, andfilecomplaints against the DA with both the AG's office (refusing to investigate crimes) and the state bar.