Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck Opinions

Post imported post

I am new to this forum and a buddy told me there was a great wealth of knowledge amoung you guys so....I have a Glock 23 that I have been carrying in a Bianchi 83 Carry-Loc OWB for a long time. I am looking into getting a IWB holster for this summer just to be able to conceal a little better. I have read good things about the Crossbreed Supertuck and am kind of leaning towards one right now. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this holster and co maybe give me some pros and cons about it? Any input would be greatly apperciated. Thanks

Post imported post

I've been very happy with my SuperTuck, but I don't own a lot of other holsters to compare it with. It is very stable, has good retention, is highly adjustable and therefore quite comfortable. If you blouse your shirt properly, it conceals quite well. It has an unconditional warranty and customer support is absolutely top-notch. It comes with two belt loops and two J-hooks. It's comfortable to wear all day, and reasonably comfortable when sitting down for extended periods (I wear it at my 4 o'clock).

When I received mine, I had to file/sand the sharp edges off the the kydex belt loops and "fatten" them a little (instructions are included on how to soften and adjust kydex) so they wouldn't scrape up my belt. Once I'd done that, I spent a few days trying out various combinations of height and cant adjustments until I found one that was most comfortable. I decided that the loops work much better than the J-hooks for me.

For comparison,the CompTac C-TAC and Minotaur and Tucker Gun Leather's The Answer are similar designs (tuckable IWBs). Tucker's is more expensive, but also comes with "K-hooks." The Minotaur offers the ability to use the same foundation with different guns by swapping out just the kydex portion--useful if you plan to carry different guns at different times.

The only "con"I can think of is that there's no easy way to remove the holster, without removing my belt. Most of the time, this is no factor at all. If I anticipate having to don/remove my holster/gunduring the day (like during a long car trip), I'll use my cheapie nylon clip-on model instead. [ETA: now they come with belt clips instead of loops--problem solved.]

My recommendation: go ahead and plunk your money down. You'll probably love it. If you don't, Crossbreed will take it back.

Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Post imported post

I had one for a while. It's great for strong side carry but I prefer cross draw carry so I sold it and got their qwik clip. I liked that so much I bought a second one for another carry gun.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I liked mine so much for my Glock 19, I got one for my Glock 21sf. They hide them very well. I wear mine at 4 o'clock for the best overall comfort.

Post imported post

Been wearing one for a year and a half, and the only problem is a little squeak when wearing it untucked. When tucked, the shirt seperates the squeaking parts.... It is very adjustable, so experiement with comfortable spots, but when you find the best postion, you will almost forget you are wearing it. The weight and pressure are spread out, so it is not like sitting a brick....

Getting ready to order some leather conditioner right now to fix the squeak....

My Dad, who loves Bladetech's, is thinking about ordering one because he was impressed with how well it conceals and how stable it is....

Post imported post

Cross-inbred holsters are junk. They are total knock off of Tucker Leather's leather/kydex hybrid IW , which was originally designed and suppled by Comp-tac. I recommend checking out the price/quality/turn-around of comp-tac before getting an inbred. I am also highly suspect of companies who use religion to push their products.

www.comp-tac.com

Post imported post

Another vote in favor of Crossbreed holsters, of which I own 2.

16 posts, 7 pushing Comp-Tac. You getting kickbacks Damiansar?

Post imported post

smash29 wrote:
    Another vote in favor of Crossbreed holsters, of which I own 2.

16 posts, 7 pushing Comp-Tac. You getting kickbacks Damiansar?
    Thank you same thing I said in another thread. Glad I aint the only one

Post imported post

No kick-backs.. (not sure why any company would pay me for posting my thoughts for a site that has thousands of views, not millions)... just new member checking out the site and passionately posting my thoughts... that is the point of the site, yes? I have seen side by side comparison of CrossBreed and Comp-tac and there is a huge quality difference in favor of Comp-tac. When you consider a similar price-point and Comp-tac's quick delivery and exceptional service, I can see only one choice. When consider some of the IDPA surveys out there, I think I have many shooters who would agree with me...

Post imported post

Damiansar, when you make 8+ posts in 3 days lauding one particular company, with less than a week total posting on the forum, you're going to make folks suspicious. Maybe you should cool the sales pitch for a while.

Back OT, while I have no direct experience with the Supertuck, my little brother carries his Walther PPS in a Supertuck a lot, and he has no complaints. He's of a somewhat lighter frame (almost 6' tall, probably 150 pounds) and it conceals well under the proper size shirts. I know exactly what to look for, and even then I still have to look pretty hard to see any hint of his pistol when he's wearing it.

Post imported post

Another vote for Crossbreed IWB holsters. I own one, and would highly recommend them to everyone. It conceals and performs flawlessly, and is very comfortable. Great value for the price!

Post imported post

The ancient torcher device symbols on them was a turn off for me. After doing a little research on various other forum boards I came across the kholster.com holster. It's super comfy enough to wear all day. I've had one for my Taurus PT-140 pro for about 5 mouths now and I love it. My second just showed up yesterday for my XDm 40.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

The Supertuck is a great holster. My only gripe is retention but if you're concealing, that shouldn't be an issue. As far as being comfortable and concealing effectively I give it a huge A+.

As others have mentioned, there are choices. IMO, you can't go wrong with any of the IWB kydex hybrids.

Post imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
    Damiansar, when you make 8+ posts in 3 days lauding one particular company, with less than a week total posting on the forum, you're going to make folks suspicious. Maybe you should cool the sales pitch for a while.

Back OT, while I have no direct experience with the Supertuck, my little brother carries his Walther PPS in a Supertuck a lot, and he has no complaints. He's of a somewhat lighter frame (almost 6' tall, probably 150 pounds) and it conceals well under the proper size shirts. I know exactly what to look for, and even then I still have to look pretty hard to see any hint of his pistol when he's wearing it.
    4AngryBangers,

Did you also see my posts relating to other Texas companies, e.g. LaRue Tactical, STI, Tripp Research, etc... Don't tell me what to post...I'll pitch what I want, so get a life...