• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THE MEDIA IS THE PROBLEM

Alexcabbie

imported post

This week, auto workers in the Midwest - many of whom voted for Obama because he promised some vague "change" that would have them secure and prospering again - were told by The One that they wouold be expected to endure impoverishment as a noble sacrifice for the good of the country because, far from car sales improving and the economy getting better; things under his leadership would get worse!!

Now there is change you can believe in, and also believe that it is Obama's doing. Hey, Ford was on the ropes too. But Ford was smart enough to know what a Federal bit in the mouth meant, and if you bought Ford stock at a dollar two months ago you have doubled your money. Chrysler and GM have lain down in the bed of Procrustes, and Obama will rack them or chop them to fit.

This same media who helped sucker these poor workers into a raw deal they never thought they were voting for is the same media that tirelessly beats the drum for "common sense" gun laws. This is the new American Phenomenon: The Voluntarily State-Controlled Media (VoSCoM). And it is time for the Revolution to begin.

The VoSCom cannot survive without advertisers. Selective boycotts would seem to be in order, along with phone calls, letters and emails. This could even escalate to loud torchlight demonstrations outside VoSCoM outlets and even in front of VoSCoM figures' residences.

The VoSCoM are the enablers of Obama and Pelosi and Reid. They are the enablers of the Brady Bunch and Algore. And now we have an opportunuty to show a very large group of people who were led to trust the DemonRatz by them and got screwed as a result exactly who it is who led them down the primrose path. I would never tell a bunch of disgruntled auto workers in Michigan to burn down a TV station. But it would be a good thing if the VoSCoM had to worry about just that, or worse. Maybe then the press would do its First Amendment duty, before patriots had to demonstrate the meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment.

But that's just my opinion, and I could be wrong.

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
The VoSCom cannot survive without advertisers. Selective boycotts would seem to be in order, along with phone calls, letters and emails. This could even escalate to loud torchlight demonstrations outside VoSCoM outlets and even in front of VoSCoM figures' residences.
A thousand paper cuts to the VoSCom and the MSM . Too bad because I only watch one news channel now . I have not been so upset since the talking heads told me for weeks that we were not in Laos . Suddenly one night the news said that we were indeed in Laos and the enemy had been fooled . First of all the enemy was not fooled and I was wetting the bed because I had just been drafted .

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The EPA finally accomplished its task, but Ford is standing defiant. Ford will not last against the government-run monopoly now in place. Since competition and money will no longer mater, but Ford still has to play by those rules because it is a legitimate business.

"They" control our food, our water, our housing, our energy, and now, our transportation.

There isn't much left.

orthzar

imported post

I keep hearing that stations like MSNBC and CNN are state sponsored. That does explain why half of those who voted, voted Democrat.

There are a few on the stations, Lou Dobbs seems to be one, that is able to actually show things as they are, not spin the facts like Micheal More. Lou Dobbs keeps showing stories having to do with 2A, and he never seems to pick a side.

I wonder if a pro-2A individual could get some daily or weekly airtime on NPR. I seem to recall that our tax money goes to that station, so why not use it?

Thundar

imported post

ixtow wrote:
"They" control our food, our water, our housing, our energy, and now, our transportation.

There isn't much left.
"They" don't have my guns yet. They will need metal detectors to get some of them.

Alexcabbie

imported post

ixtow wrote:
The EPA finally accomplished its task, but Ford is standing defiant. Ford will not last against the government-run monopoly now in place. Since competition and money will no longer mater, but Ford still has to play by those rules because it is a legitimate business.

There isn't much left.
First, as I have pointed out Obama made his Hopey McChange appeals to folks who, unlike poor blacks who are used to the same old big promised followed by the same o' same-o; Obama promised people who had known better times that he would restore those good times, and in doiung this he was aided by the VoSCoM (then the MSM) who slavishly covered up all evidence that he would do exactly what he is doing now.

Now the black underclass is quite used to broken promises and I guess can at least survive as they have for decades although it escapes me how. But it is not as if Obama promised to restore a lost or slipping standard of living for them, and for most just having someone a few shades darker than Dubya is treason enough to be happy. I mean "reason enough" (Little Freudian slip maybe?).

But the white working and lower middle classes have seen a very sharp slide downward in a short time, and swallowed Obama's snake oil with the aid of the VoSCoM. Had Obama been given the treatment the VoSCoM gives Republicans, he would have been out f the race about this time last year, but instead they aided, abetted, and covered up for him and continue to do so.0

The bad news for Obama and the Ratz is that the working class and lower middle classes are not going to put up with being told that they are going to have to be impoverished for their own good. You can bet that a good one third to ine half of the non-blacks who voted for Obama now yell "SUCKER!!" in the mirror every morning. Oh, and the Ratz know this, too. That's why they are trying to push EVERYTHING full-speed ahead before November 2010. Oh, and a lot of these folks bought guns recently too. This is why in the 17 months before then we have to work VERY HARD and be VERY WATCHFUL in order to stymie as much of this agenda as possible.

Some may remember my saying that the political scrum of 2010 would produce a viable Presidential candidate for 2012. Right now I am thinking Virginia's present Attorney General, now running for Governor, might just be the Man of the Hour. Just a thought.