Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: State Senate Passes Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act - SB 1644

  1. #1
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    SB 1644 is on the way to be law.

    State Senate has passed the Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act
    http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_152526.asp

    Track this bill @
    http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...lNumber=SB1644

    The House passed a companion bill HB 1796

    Track the house bill @
    http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...lNumber=HB1796

    I was reading the summary for SB1644 and this appeared... "This bill requires a firearm manufactured or sold in Tennessee under this bill to have the words 'Made in Tennessee' clearly stamped on a central metallic part."

    Let's hope people in Tennessee make decent firearms and are not one of the circles of, "Made in China" jokes.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    This is so great!!!

    It's long past time for people to put a shot across Washington's bow.

    I hope this is just the beginning. Important as gun rights are, there a great many other sovereignty issues that need to be addressed. We don't need New England and the Left Coast to tell us how to live.

    If I may repeat myself: Print it in large type so the feds can read it without their spectacles.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    old dog wrote:
    This is so great!!!

    It's long past time for people to put a shot across Washington's bow.
    Shot across the bow, yes; better yet would be if all the states finally band together and put a political torpedoe directly amidships of the now socialist central(federal) governemnt that they, the states, created; tizzz long overdue to rein in these arrogant, tyrannical dictatorial #&*'s

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    agentX wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    This is so great!!!

    It's long past time for people to put a shot across Washington's bow.
    Shot across the bow, yes; better yet would be if all the states finally band together and put a political torpedoe directly amidships of the now socialist central(federal) governemnt that they, the states, created; tizzz long overdue to rein in these arrogant, tyrannical dictatorial #&*'s
    it's a fascist regime, not socialist...

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post

    suntzu wrote:
    agentX wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    This is so great!!!

    It's long past time for people to put a shot across Washington's bow.
    Shot across the bow, yes; better yet would be if all the states finally band together and put a political torpedoe directly amidships of the now socialist central(federal) governemnt that they, the states, created; tizzz long overdue to rein in these arrogant, tyrannical dictatorial #&*'s
    it's a fascist regime, not socialist..
    It's not socialist(??): You can be, under the Patriot Act, be decalred an "ememy of the stae, IE; ""domestic terrorist", be taken away, held forever without trial, or benefit of possible counsel, (all in direct violation of one's constitutional protections); Dept. of homeland Security issues a "policy" document declaring that individuals invarying categories encompassing specific belief(s), opinions, or position(s) are suspect terrorists; the central governemnt has moved to take ownership of "private" enterprises; etc., etc: Sounds much like the former U.S.S.R. that we were propagandized to fear, despise, and do battle with. It's NOT socialist(??); okay, perhaps not fully; so far must we go before it is socialist/communist?


  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    396

    Post imported post

    So what's the status of this bill?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The south land
    Posts
    1,230

    Post imported post

    agentX wrote:
    suntzu wrote:
    agentX wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    This is so great!!!

    It's long past time for people to put a shot across Washington's bow.
    Shot across the bow, yes; better yet would be if all the states finally band together and put a political torpedoe directly amidships of the now socialist central(federal) governemnt that they, the states, created; tizzz long overdue to rein in these arrogant, tyrannical dictatorial #&*'s
    it's a fascist regime, not socialist..
    It's not socialist(??): You can be, under the Patriot Act, be decalred an "ememy of the stae, IE; ""domestic terrorist", be taken away, held forever without trial, or benefit of possible counsel, (all in direct violation of one's constitutional protections); Dept. of homeland Security issues a "policy" document declaring that individuals invarying categories encompassing specific belief(s), opinions, or position(s) are suspect terrorists; the central governemnt has moved to take ownership of "private" enterprises; etc., etc: Sounds much like the former U.S.S.R. that we were propagandized to fear, despise, and do battle with. It's NOT socialist(??); okay, perhaps not fully; so far must we go before it is socialist/communist?
    I said it was a fascist regime...Mussolini was a fascist--and until today I thought Hitler was too...but perhaps he was a socialist....but anyway--I never disagreed with you--I just thought fascism was worse than socialism...perhaps I am wrong...

    BUT all that aside--you are absolutely 100% correct....I have been saying the exact same things for some time now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •