• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question for travel

whoopingllama

imported post

So, since in Louisiana one does not need a permit or license to carry but will be traveling to a state that does require one. But if the state in question is one that "honors" the permits/licenses of Louisiana, more or less, does this mean that I can carry in that state without having to worry about a permit/license as long as I have my LA driver's license?

I know that this may be a stretch as far as interpretations go. But, I figured I'd ask anyway.

charlie12

imported post

+1 on the No.

If you have a Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit and travel to a state that honors ours you have to go by the laws of that state not ours.

If you don't have a permit you will still need to know what you can do and not do in that state.

They won't care were you are from but where you are.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

NO.

As ma wowdies here in the Chocolate City would say....

It ain't where ya from, its where you be at.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
There used to be a color coded map on here somewhere that showed the OC friendly states but Darn if I can find it now, anybody know where it is?

Is there a such thing?:p

PT111

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
There used to be a color coded map on here somewhere that showed the OC friendly states but Darn if I can find it now, anybody know where it is?
Look near the top left of this page right between the Big picture there are the three smaller pictures. Right between Home and Donate is a little map with the word Maps under it. Click on that.

CaptainDan

imported post

PT111 wrote:
CaptainDan wrote:
Look near the top left of this page right between the Big picture there are the three smaller pictures. Right between Home and Donate is a little map with the word Maps under it. Click on that.
Thanx