• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org Endorses Brian Moran in VA Democratic Primary

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

[align=center]OpenCarry.org Endorses Brian Moran[/align] [align=center]for Governor in the Democratic Party Primary[/align] [align=center][/align] [align=center]Republicans, Libertarians & Independents[/align] [align=center]Called on to Decide Democratic Primary Choice for Governor[/align] [align=center][/align] Virginia is an open primary state, so any registered voter can vote on June 9[sup]th[/sup] in the Democratic Primary because the other parties held conventions this year – including the Republicans.

That’s right, with a 3 way race split down the middle, it will only take few thousand non-Democrats to decide which of the Democratic party candidates will face Bob McDonnell in the Fall election for Governor.

Here’s why all Virginians, regardless of party, should vote for Brian Moran: First, he paid his dues, living, working, and serving in Virginia. Second, and frankly, Moran has some pretty good pro-gun votes on his record, including voting FOR HB535 in 2005 to legalize carrying concealed handguns in school parking lots, as well as FOR HB 530 in 2004 to preempt all local gun control laws, even those in his home city of Alexandria. And third, Moran is NOT former Democratic National Party Chairman Terry McAuliffe, a man who is backed heavily by out of state money and interests and probably does not even know where the General Assembly Building is in Richmond!

If McAuliffe is elected, he will implement out of state agendas inside the Old Dominion.

But why not vote for Creigh Deeds, of Bath County?

For 2 reasons: (1) Deeds is less likely to catch McAuliffe than Moran; and (2) voters need to send a message to Virginia politicians like Deeds (who recently began supporting a ban on private gun sales at gun shows) that caving in on gun rights principles to run for state office will not be tolerated! We cannot afford to allow the Washington Post’s new poster boy for gun control to be elected as Virginia’s next Governor.

It’s time to crash the party on June 9[sup]th [/sup]and vote for Brian Moran to ensure that the election in the Fall for Virginia’s Governor is between Virginians!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
We know what we must do. Lets roll.

Please lets not have four years of that carpetbagger accent in the Governor's mansion.
You mean Deeds rollin' up here to NOVA to tell us what to do, right?? :cool:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/pilot-politics

SNIPO:

In other news:

- Brian Moran secured backing from OpenCarry.org, a gun rights group.

An e-mail announcing the endorsement cited Moran's past votes in the state legislatureto protect gun rights as its rationale.

But group co-founder Mike Stollenwerk acknowledged that the nod is strategic: Its goal is to discourage support for Terry McAuliffe and remind state Sen. Creigh Deeds, D-Bath,that he isn't the default Democratic choice for gun owning voters.

Deeds, McAuliffe and Moran are running for the Democratic nomination for governor.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/pilot-politics

SNIPO:

In other news:

- Brian Moran secured backing from OpenCarry.org, a gun rights group.

An e-mail announcing the endorsement cited Moran's past votes in the state legislatureto protect gun rights as its rationale.

But group co-founder Mike Stollenwerk acknowledged that the nod is strategic: Its goal is to discourage support for Terry McAuliffe and remind state Sen. Creigh Deeds, D-Bath,that he isn't the default Democratic choice for gun owning voters.

Deeds, McAuliffe and Moran are running for the Democratic nomination for governor.

Doc Luther

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
McDonnell's votes for "One Gun a Month"are more offensive than Deeds' work to dilute the Gun Show Loophole bill.
I am not familiar with McDonnell's vote on "One Gun a Month", but it was my understanding that Virginia has been a one-gun-a-month state like forever. The only exception being CHP holders, who are exempt from the one-gun-a-month law.

What am I missing?

The Donkey

imported post

Doc Luther wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
McDonnell's votes for "One Gun a Month"are more offensive than Deeds' work to dilute the Gun Show Loophole bill.
I am not familiar with McDonnell's vote on "One Gun a Month", but it was my understanding that Virginia has been a one-gun-a-month state like forever. The only exception being CHP holders, who are exempt from the one-gun-a-month law.

What am I missing?
McDonnell supported 1 gun a month when he was in the House of Delegates, contributing to its passage. The exception for CHP holders is more recent.