• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On to Madison! OCDO Radio ad campaign gearing up but needs your $$ NOW!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks, time to ramp it up again to roll our radio ad campaign into Madison! we have a great lineup planned, balsting our ads over 3 stations for a week.

As you can see at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.htmlwe need to raise $1,090 by next week to make this happen - but the great news is, we have another $500 matching donar: Dean Weingarten, AKA "ccwinstructor"

Every dollar you give will be matched thru an aggregate total of $500 - so let's roll now! Give today in a few seconds over your credit card at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html.

This will only take a few seconds - give what you can - $10, $50, or more!

Attached is the radio ad recording file:

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Been a lurker for a while, but I registered to say I donated what I could afford, and that oddly enough, less than a week ago, I was emailing with Vicki McKenna about the idea of radio advertisements to inform the public about open carry and the laws surrounding it.

After communications with Gene German of the Wisconsin Patriots, I was advised that it was not a good idea, claiming that it would make Open Carry a spectacle in Wisconsin.

Considering that it's already a spectacle, I don't see where his concern lies, so I'm glad to see it going forward anyway.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

MadisonRebel wrote:
Been a lurker for a while, but I registered to say I donated what I could afford, and that oddly enough, less than a week ago, I was emailing with Vicki McKenna about the idea of radio advertisements to inform the public about open carry and the laws surrounding it.

After communications with Gene German of the Wisconsin Patriots, I was advised that it was not a good idea, claiming that it would make Open Carry a spectacle in Wisconsin.

Considering that it's already a spectacle, I don't see where his concern lies, so I'm glad to see it going forward anyway.
A lot of gun owners are anti gun in some respects.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK folks, am shooting to blast these ads out starting Monday 15 June and we are about $700 short right now - so let's make those contributions this weekend so i can sig tne contract.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

We have made progress - but more is needed to spread the word to sign the oinline petition.

Especially if you live, work, or go to school in Wisconsin, please give at least a nominal (e.g., $10, $25, etc) contribution to Operation CarryLand today at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.html- it will only take a minute by credit or debit card, NO PAY PAL ACCOUNT IS NECESSARY.

And we still have some matching funds available from a generous donor - so your contribution will be doubled!

Operation CarryLand fundraising funds out radio advertizing campaign to drive people to the online petition - later the email addresses will be harvested for direct alert attack vectors at the Wisconsin legislature to repeal Wisconsin's onerous statutory gin control scheme.

Please give today at http://www.opencarry.org/carryland.htmland help turn Wisconsin into America's carry land.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

MadisonRebel wrote:
So what's the status on the ads? The last request was for 25 bucks...would that be just for Milwaukee?
We already did Milwaukee - the next target is Madison next week, 3 stations, 5 ads a day starting Tuesday.

Chewy

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mark,

I am sorry no one has responded yet.

If you are willing to pass a hat it would be greatly appreciated. Contact me and I will make sure the money gets where it needs to go. If I have to use it to buy pre-paid Credit cards I will do that.

Thank you for all of your help.

Shenan