• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming election for Clark County Sheriff

crazynova

imported post

I don't know if this is allowed, but I don't see why not. In the upcoming election for Clark County Sheriff, I urge everyone to vote for Laurie Bisch. She will be running again, and is VERY pro gun. She respects every person's Constitutional rights, and is what a police officer should be. She goes out of her way to help citizens and follows the laws she enforces.

I don't know if this is allowed, but if she is elected, there should not be any issues getting CLEO sign offs for NFA items, and the administration of Metro will be in general pro gun. Please spread the word, because she needs all of the help she can get, running against an incumbent that the RJ and other media sources love.

Erus

imported post

Welcome to the board, Crazynova.

Thanks for the input. We can use an insider's POV, I think.
I am a native Las Vegas guy.. (though in Pahrump now) and I agree about voting for Laurie in Clark County.

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
imported post

crazynova wrote:
... In the upcoming election for Clark County Sheriff, I urge everyone to vote for Laurie Bisch....

Welcome to the forum, Crazynova.
Can you provide us with links to information on her, like her website?
Based on your information, she is someone I would vote for but I would like to see/read more info before I make my decision.

wayneco

imported post

crazynova wrote:
I don't know if this is allowed, but if she is elected, there should not be any issues getting CLEO sign offs for NFA items, and the administration of Metro will be in general pro gun. Please spread the word, because she needs all of the help she can get, running against an incumbent that the RJ and other media sources love.

You do realize that if you set up a gun trust, LLC, S-corp or C-corp to purchase NFA weapons, there is no sheriff sign-off, no fingerprints, no mugshots, etc?

There's really no reason to purchase NFA weapons in one's own name because of this.

crazynova

imported post

wayneco wrote:
crazynova wrote:

You do realize that if you set up a gun trust, LLC, S-corp or C-corp to purchase NFA weapons, there is no sheriff sign-off, no fingerprints, no mugshots, etc?

There's really no reason to purchase NFA weapons in one's own name because of this.
I know, but some people still like to go the individual route for whatever reason, and there wouldn't be an issue getting it signed off, since she has a few of her own.

wayneco

imported post

Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm all for pro 2A LEOs, especially ones who personally own NFA hardware.

Being from California originally (this is my 10th year in NV!), I'm always cynical about dumb-ass Californians who aspire to turn NV into CA, they would by default be afraid of electing anyone who doesn't treat them like cattle instead of citizens, this candidate being as pro-liberty as they are, may make those two million Californians who have colonized Las Vegas uncomfortable.

Fingers are crossed for your pick.

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Maybe we could arrange to have a "Meet and Greet" with Laurie Bisch. That way we can all hear from her on her 2A and Guns stance and have some of our questions answered.
I am sure that there are alot of OC'ers and CC'ers here on this forum that would be all for this. Just a thought...

varminter22

imported post

takemine2 wrote:
Maybe we could arrange to have a "Meet and Greet" with Laurie Bisch. That way we can all hear from her on her 2A and Guns stance and have some of our questions answered.
I am sure that there are alot of OC'ers and CC'ers here on this forum that would be all for this. Just a thought...
THAT is a GREAT idea!

irish

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
takemine2 wrote:
THAT is a GREAT idea!
I second that!

Pace

imported post

I spoke to her on the phone today, will be speaking about this issue... and get back to you.

Best,
Pace

Laurie Bisch

imported post

I would like to set up a "Meet and Greet". Once we get a location and time set, it will be posted on this forum. Thank you for your support.

Laurie :)

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PT's Pub is OC friendly. The pub at Spring Mountain & Arville is centrally located, only a mile or two from the strip. They have a dedicated dining room that usually has no one in it (easy to book).

Kiddo

imported post

This is a great idea. I hope this meet and greet is one I can attend. I met Laurie Bisch at a gunshow some years back and had a very pleasant conversation. I was 21, and was impressed how respectful she was to the young citizens. I think I still have her campaign water-bottle somewhere! HaHa It's good to see her running again!