• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comparison of the anti-gun logic v. normal logic

400HP

imported post

Look, this is a long listen, buta very clear indication of the typical anti v. normal logic. This is in regards to HB2474, the AZ bill that stops employers from prohibiting employees possession of firearms in their private vehicle.

Listen to the democrats in opposition. Their arguments are stunningly stupid. My favorites: 18 wheelers on mall parking lots, a condo owner wanting to keep all guns off the community parking lot (others rights be damned), and Rep. Sinema worried about somebody shooting into a power plant.

http://azleg.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=13&clip_id=5364

Click on HP2474.....

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What a bunch of idiots. Luckily we don't have many of those in the legislature here in Arizona.

In regards to the appt/Condo issue, IANAL but, I believe it's already against the law to include any language in the rental/condo agreements which restricts ones ability to have a firearm in their rented place/condo. I wonder how you're supposed to get a firearm to your appt if you're not allowed to bring it onto the premises.

And when will people realize that a silly little law won't stop someone from bringing a gun anywhere they want if they really want to commit a crime. Sheeesh.....

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The 'religious' grounds argument is stupid.

Luke 22:36

King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

'The only safe place for a gun is locked in the trunk of a car"? This yahoo must be from New Jersey. The safest place for a gun is on the hip of the owner.

OC/CC 9mm

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
...The only safe place for a gun is locked in the trunk of a car"?   This yahoo must be from New Jersey...

What? When they let NJ to have guns in the trunks? I thought you have to disassemble the gun, put half of the parts in a safe in your home, and other half in your trunk, next to the spare tire in a locked box with 5 keys. That's if you can get a permit which you have to be under witness protection plan and grow mustache (assuming you never had any)

Seriously, they ask permit even for a slingshots there.

:dude:

crisisweasel

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The 'religious' grounds argument is stupid.

Luke 22:36

King James Bible
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

'The only safe place for a gun is locked in the trunk of a car"? This yahoo must be from New Jersey. The safest place for a gun is on the hip of the owner.
Even many conservatives in New Jersey, while in principle in favor of gun ownership in some fashion, tend to consider people who carry weapons around with them to be a little nuts.

Why I didn't adopt this point of view, given my surroundings, I don't know. But I think the blame lies somewhere with the first Libertarian I ever met, who slapped around my preconceptions about a lot of things and got me thinking about how important, how fundamental, freedom is. How it ultimately trumps everything, even the illusion of safety.

New Jersey is a very strange place. It made me who I am to a large degree: a radical supporter of the Second Amendment.

From whence that came, I do not know, but I have never felt differently. Even before I was pro-gun, I found the concept of gun control kind of ridiculous. From the age of about 12 on. No one around me had an opinion on it. I remember hearing some debate about it on a New York radio station and thinking, "I must be missing something, because the concept that you can control guns sounds ridiculous."

I guess you can take the bloody news of shootings and crime coming out of Philly and New York City in two ways. Everyone in New Jersey clearly took it one way.

I took it the other.