• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucson man defied restraining order...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

So far, no identification of the shooter. It's been ruled self-defense but no shooter name.

They ought to divulge his or her name...

GWbiker

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
WHAT? You mean the restraining order didn't keep him away? :what:
Yeah, who woulda' thought old BF would ignore a restraining order. I mean that was a **LEGAL ORDER**!!

I believe NEW BF was the shooter during break in. Tucson Police appear satisfied....:cool:

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:

So far, no identification of the shooter. It's been ruled self-defense but no shooter name.

They ought to divulge his or her name...

Why? So he can be targeted by the old BF's compadres?

The last home invasion deal that I recall went down in Tucson was 2 armed perps attempted a knock 'n rob at an apartment complex that seemed to be heavily occupied by U of A students. The 'student' shot both of 'em in his living room and killed he pair. The 'news' said... the student 'got his gun'. BS... to act that fast he had to have had it on him.

Only yesterday I learned that the 'student' was a former Marine back from Iraq goin' to school on the GI Bill. So... who did the 'news' interview?... The scared to death 'sheep'. One "I don't know whatI would have done.... " (She'd prob'ly been dead... ) It doesn't even occur to some of these weenies to arm themselves. They're in constant Condition White. (as well as denial)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Perhaps ther should be some additional language added to these restraining orders.

I suspedt that there are warnings as to the penalties of voilation of such order.

Add This:

In addition to judicial penalties described above, should you violate this order, you could be shot on the spot.

protector84

imported post

Any battered or abused woman (or man) who needs to keep an ex away should get a much simpler restraining order than the ones offered in county court. It amounts to a simple easy-to-read sign posted in a conspiciousspot that reads as follows: "Warning: Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again." Should the violator break this restraining order, chances are it would be much more effective at permenately keeping the wifebeater out.