Thread: Is it VCU property?

Post imported post

Do they own that entire building structure and effectively the store fronts being used by Jersey Mike's, EB Games, and the few other places of business right there?

I've open carried into several of the shops there and I'm wondering now if there had been a VCU police officer or RPD officer there what would have happened? Would I be a test case? :shock:

Post imported post

Wasn't it the ultimate legal opinion that if you are not staff or student @ VCU then you can carry ?

You never know what the cop is going to do in the street.

Post imported post

I've carried in all those places, never had a problem. They can try to expel me from VCU all they want, never have been, or will be, a student there.

Post imported post

As far as I can tell, the most they can charge you with for carrying on VCU is trespassing, and they may not even be able to make that stick. It certainly isn't a firearms charge, regardless.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Just be matter of fact with the campus police, who will be busy because of the lock down thay a gasp- GUN has created. Please don't take away my hand gun officer, it is the only one I have, but if you do, tomorrow I will have to walk the same path with my AK slung over my shoulder. (they would really hate that.)
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

According to this website here:
    http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2009...r-193-million/

VCU sold Ramz (along with Capital Garage Apartments) and the University currently leases the residential portion.

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

This facility is not owned by VCU and I carry at Xtreme Pizza, Jersey Mike's and Alladin Express (different building, butsame block)without issue.

http://ramzllc.com/pressrelease.asp

The Shoppes at Ramz Hall is owned by Rabil Properties LLC of Armonk, New York and managed by Zamagias Properties located in Pittsburgh, PA. Information regarding leasing of The Shoppes at RAMZ Hall may be directed to Richard Ballon, Vice President of Leasing at Zamagias Properties- 412.391.7887.

I should also add that even if it was owned by VCU, from what I recall, the landlord cannot restrict firearms on the tenant (such as a mall). I would have to locate that code, though.