Thread: NNPD Town Hall Meeting

Post imported post

When: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:00pm

Where: Colossian Baptist Church, 856 Old Ft.
    Eustis Blvd, Newport News, VA

Captain Dawn Barber will host the meeting, and present the North Precinct Impact Certificate to individuals acknowledging their hard work and dedication in partnership with the NNPD.

Click for a map.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Ne...eocode=ADDRESS
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Post imported post

1) What is "the North Precinct Impact Certificate"?

2) Who are the"individuals... [who have engaged in]hard work... in partnership with the NNPD"?

and 3) Why did they do that?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

In the 25 years I've lived in VA I've read all the heartbreaking stories about how innocent citizens in the East End have been preyed on mercilessly by vicious criminals and gang-inspired psychopaths. Although I don't know all the details, I suspect the police have tried to do what they can, with only partial results. I know many citizens distrust the police and are fearful or reluctant to "rat on people". I know there have been numerous parades and candlelight vigils to symbolically help folks deal with the ongoing tragedy. What we've never seen is someone going in to "organize the community" so that honest citizens with no criminal past are encouraged to open carry/conceal carry regularly to see if that would deter the criminals from "owning the street". It might not be feasible or effective after all, but I think it would sure be worth a try, seeing as how all the other responses haven't done much to stop the decay.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    1) What is "the North Precinct Impact Certificate"?

2) Who are the"individuals... [who have engaged in]hard work... in partnership with the NNPD"?

and 3) Why did they do that?

stay safe.

skidmark
    I'm guessing that these questions will be answered at the meeting

I'm hoping Howard Gwynn's remarks will provide some insight into the city's crime problem. I don't think he'll be looking for armed volunteers to help solve it, though.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA