• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Church holds Open Carry Service

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm sorry about that, too. I guess you all can go over to Mike's thread on the same subject and contribute something OT there.:?

Flintlock

imported post

AB wrote:
Typical, we take a serious issue and make a mockery of it!

Looks like this thread is dead.
How so? We are respondingto the Brady reaction and commentarydescribed in the article. It's all relavent and on-topic.

AB

imported post

What Would Jesus Carry? - WWJC

What would this have to do with this thread, "Church holds Open Carry Service"

Jesus wouldn't carry, he had no need to.

If you think it's important start another thread.

Flintlock

imported post

AB wrote:
What Would Jesus Carry? - WWJC

What would this have to do with this thread, "Church holds Open Carry Service"

Jesus wouldn't carry, he had no need to.

If you think it's important start another thread.

First of all, it's not even your thread,calm down.

Second, I would disagree with your comment that Jesus wouldn't carry as I have read of evidence that he haddonned a sword and used bull whips.

Lasty, I didn't write the comment about what Jesus would carry, I just responded to it. If you are so focused on on/off-topic posts on this forum, then you need to write your last comment on almost every thread after the first few posts.

Cheers.

Edit: Spelling

hsmith

imported post

I think it is a stupid idea.

Why? They should encourage members to carry to every service, not just a special one.

n16ht5

imported post

How about we have our own in a few states? I would love to have on in WA somewhere..

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Okay here is My 2 Cents

First a Unloaded gun is useless so why bring a unloaded gun anywhere. The pastor does not trust his flock.

If I was told I could bring a unloaded gun to church it would be my last sunday their.

On the flip side the mormons could learn from this Pastor and one up them by allowing their faithfull to stop being targets in a gun free zone. And carry a firearm loaded

And I think Jesus Owns a Glock 21 45 ACP.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ntrngr wrote:
SNIP What do you think Jesus would carry?
Like the Son of God would need to carry.

I can just see the headlines now: "Rash Of Disabled Muggers Baffles Police."

I can see the rest of the news story:

Police report that in the last three weeks they have founda total of 10 muggers struckblind,dumb, or crippled.Medical examinations proved there were no physical injuries to explain thedisabilities.

One mugger remembers his intended victim saying, "Miracles work both ways, pal."

Pschiatrists who have been evaluating the stricken muggersare stumped. Dr.Druggem said, "None of the standard syndromes seem to apply.They all have the same hallucination of abeared, serene man in a simple robe. But none report a tamborine."

:)

RebelHell

imported post

Citizen wrote:
ntrngr wrote:
SNIP What do you think Jesus would carry?
Like the Son of God would need to carry.

I can just see the headlines now: "Rash Of Disabled Muggers Baffles Police."

I can see the rest of the news story:

Police report that in the last three weeks they have founda total of 10 muggers struckblind,dumb, or crippled.Medical examinations proved there were no physical injuries to explain thedisabilities.

One mugger remembers his intended victim saying, "Miracles work both ways, pal."

Pschiatrists who have been evaluating the stricken muggersare stumped. Dr.Druggem said, "None of the standard syndromes seem to apply.They all have the same hallucination of abeared, serene man in a simple robe. But none report a tamborine."

:)

OMG LMMFAO

On another note, I may just see how far away this church is and show up. May only be a two to three hour drive for me.

rpyne

imported post

RebelHell wrote:
Just hope I am not struck by lightning.

in nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti
Don't worry, God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus.

JOESEEB

imported post

I was asked not to oc in our church as it is a new start. out of respect for my dad (assisten pastor and a family friend who is the pastor). both of which carry firearms in fact they both carry the same as pistol as i do.... In resonse to the original post all i can say is.............. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Toymaker

imported post

What would Jesus carry?
Jesus wouldsimply cast the demons out of 'em and then tell them to gothroughout the countryside witnessing about what happened.

Back to the topic.

Yes I do carry in Church. I don't open carry because I don't want to be a distraction to the word being preached and taught. I 'DO' want to be one of those people that God uses to defend innocent life........and, yes, contrary to the garbage that the antis spew out, God does use people. I can witness to that.

Following is a passage that the antis always refer to :

[suP][/suP]
Matthew 26:48-54:

[suP]48 [/suP]Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.
[suP]49 And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed him. [/suP]
[suP]50 And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus and took him. [/suP]
[suP]51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. [/suP]
[suP]52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. [/suP]
[suP]53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? [/suP]
[suP]54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?
[/suP][suP]to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels? [/suP]

[suP]54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?[/suP]

[suP][/suP]

[suP]T[/suP][suP]he antis always take this scripture out of context with the purpose of furthering their own personnal and political views. Remember in Luke 22: 32 - 36 Jesus told Peter to carry that sword. Jesus was destined to go to the cross for us and fulfill scripture. Peter tried to prevent that with force. Jesus said that thereis a place for the sword (weapon/use of force) and this wasn't the place for it.[/suP][suP]
[/suP][suP][/suP]