• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

" NEVER WASTE A GOOD CRISIS " ANTI Second Amendment

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
SNIPThey legitimize it by pointing out that those doing the commanding were elected, and that democracy, not individual liberty, is the ideal goal of civilization.
Great point!

I recall nothing in the Constitution that authorizes the government to ignore the Constitution as long as people go along with it via elections, democratic or otherwise.

Neither do I recall anything in the Constitution that authorizes government to revert soley to election and democracy as the only restraints on their power.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP So true. If they "destroy" any part of the Bill of Rights, then the Bill of Rights wasn't doing its job in the first place.
I forgot to add:

Don't forget, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the agreements.

If they break the agreement, they are releasing themselves from their obligations under the agreement.

But, heh, heh, heh, they are also, in that instant, releasing you from your obligations under the agreement.

The whole trick they have been trying to pull for years is to release themselves from the agreement, while making you think you are still bound by an agreement they no longer recognize.
SNIP I take it that if they default on their agreement...
Already happened.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
SNIP So true. If they "destroy" any part of the Bill of Rights, then the Bill of Rights wasn't doing its job in the first place.
I forgot to add:

Don't forget, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the agreements.

If they break the agreement, they are releasing themselves from their obligations under the agreement.

But, heh, heh, heh, they are also, in that instant, releasing you from your obligations under the agreement.

The whole trick they have been trying to pull for years is to release themselves from the agreement, while making you think you are still bound by an agreement they no longer recognize.
Sounds a lot like the dang taxicab industry.