• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun gets on plane!

Tomahawk

imported post

The last line of the story says it all. The guy wanted to transport a gun. He was dumb, because transporting a gun is easy if you just check it and fill out the paperwork. But he wasn't wrong. Possessing a gun doesn't hurt anyone. And possessing a gun on a plane is actually a good idea. Call me nuts, but if you had been on one of those four planes on 9/11, you'd have wished you had one. After all, the outcome of a gunfight couldn't been any worse than what actually happened.

Tomahawk

imported post

smash29 wrote:
A few? Welcome to my world! I fly da planz butt dont worree, da TSA gangstaz take away my hare jell and toofpaste so yu still safe!
Nice sticker. I always put a large-print copy of the 4th Ammendment in all my luggage when I travel by air, right at the top. Won't change anything, but it makes me feel better to stick it in their faces.

astraflyr

imported post

I'm thinking this sort of thing probably happens alot.

Dufus:Hey man, can you help me get my gun home since you're one of those airport guys?

Airport dufus:Oh yeah man, that's easy. Nobody ever checks us airport employees for anything. Piece a cake. I'll just give it to you right before you get on board. Nobody will see!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Obviously, this proves conclusively and unequivocally and indisputably......

....that we should all be allowed to carry as many guns as we want on allairline flights!!!!

It's the only logical way to look at it. Anybody disagree?
45.gif

Flyer22

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
The last line of the story says it all. The guy wanted to transport a gun. He was dumb, because transporting a gun is easy if you just check it and fill out the paperwork. But he wasn't wrong. Possessing a gun doesn't hurt anyone. And possessing a gun on a plane is actually a good idea. Call me nuts, but if you had been on one of those four planes on 9/11, you'd have wished you had one. After all, the outcome of a gunfight couldn't been any worse than what actually happened.

Except that this guy wasn't transporting for safety ON the plane. From the article: "The unloaded 9 mm handgun along with some ammunition was found in an overhead compartment."

Tomahawk

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Except that this guy wasn't transporting for safety ON the plane. From the article: "The unloaded 9 mm handgun along with some ammunition was found in an overhead compartment."

Nevertheless, an unloaded pistol in a carry-on bag is no threat to anyone's life any more than my holstered pistol threatens someone in a department store.

The airline owns the plane, only they have the right to prohibit firearms. The fed gov has no consitutional authority to do so.

Jizzzle

imported post

the only thing i can conceivably think of that would probably be adventagious to everybody is that they ensure that frangible ammunition is reccomended/required for flights and that it's everybodies responsibility to get it if they are traveling by air and carrying.

granted i've never personally done any testing on penetration of frangible ammo or even shot any period, so i can only go by what i read. but, that would make it much safer for flight correct? if what they are worrying about is a ND taking down the plane et.

Jizzzle

imported post

BTW for the record:

I HATE READING ANYTHING ABOUT FIREARMS OR ABORTION FROM ABC NEWS OR ANY

OF THEIR AFFILIATES. THEY ARE ALL LIARS AND USE PEOPLES LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

ON A CERTAIN SUBJECT AND FEAR TO THEIR OWN ENDS. I HATE THEM, HATE THEM HATE THEM!!!!

:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

buster81

imported post

smash29 wrote:
A few? Welcome to my world! I fly da planz butt dont worree, da TSA gangstaz take away my hare jell and toofpaste so yu still safe!

What I find to be the most ridiculous thingis that you may have 10, 3oz containers of the same liquid or jell, but not 0.5oz in a 3.1oz container. Stupid rules written by stupid people (IMHO). At least they have started to supply the zip lock bags. I empty the box into my carryon every time I fly. I'll never buy sandwich bags again!

About a month ago, I was flying out of Richmond, and put my 1 gallon zip lock bag into the tray for inspection. I had a tube of shaving jell which apparently said that it's capacity was greater than 3oz. I had flown many times with this same container and never hada problem, but then, this day I ran into TSA agentCaptain America.

He removed the tubefrom the bag and informed me that he was going to confiscate it. I said nothing and continued to move forward waiting for my turnthough the metal detector. He stared at me and told me again that he was going to confiscate it. Again I said nothing. He told me a third time, and I was forced to say "Good. Enjoy it."

I guess he thought this was my idea of asking a question, so he proceeded to tell me that containers greater than 3oz were not allowed. I told him that he should take that super dangerous shaving jell away as it was a very dangerous liquid. He said "it could be". As stupid as the conversation was, I couldn't help but saying, "I agree, think of all the things I could do with it, like....shave, and.....".

As I was about to go through the metal detector, the supervisor approached me and tried to hand me the tube back. He said that it wasn't allowed on the plane and that I had to put it in the garbage. After I chuckled, the rest of the conversation went like this:

Me:"I'm not going to touch that. That agent over there confiscated it and I have no idea what he has done to it, or what he has put inside it. You have it now, you do with it whatever you like."

Supervisor: "What do you think he did to it?"

Me:"I have no idea, but I was forced to listen to how dangerous that container of shaving jell could be, so I'm scared to touch it."

I went through the metal detector and carried on. Where did they get these two boobs?

ETFS

GJD

imported post

Idiot. Since the gun was legal (stupid reason), the gun could have been carried under that plane in a checked bag. Dumb, just dumb. Both of these guys are looking at jail time for something easily avoidable.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
the only thing i can conceivably think of that would probably be adventagious to everybody is that they ensure that frangible ammunition is reccomended/required for flights and that it's everybodies responsibility to get it if they are traveling by air and carrying.

granted i've never personally done any testing on penetration of frangible ammo or even shot any period, so i can only go by what i read. but, that would make it much safer for flight correct? if what they are worrying about is a ND taking down the plane et.

Handgun rounds CANNOT take down planes. Many wont even penetrate the hull. If they do, the only effect will be decompression, which wont hurt anyone. It WILL NOT blow the side of the plane out. This has not only be tested in controlled circumstances, but also in real life situations. A pilot fired a .40 caliber round through the floor of the cockpit and guess what? Nothing happened!

As far as the original post, yeah, this guy was an idiot for the way he went about things. Granted, their shouldn't be a law to force him to be sneaky in the first place.

WheelGun

imported post

Any discharge of a handgun on a plane will immediately lead to rapid, traumatic decompression within seconds. Passengers will be suspended in mid-air on a stream of current flowing out of the airplane. Other passengers will have to cling to the wrists and fingers of those about to be sucked out.....

"Cut!"

"Hey, special effects guy, can you turn up the wind machine?"

What's the matter with you guys? Doesn't anyone learn physics from movies anymore?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

buster81 wrote:
SNIP Supervisor: "What do you think he did to it?"

Me:"I have no idea, but I was forced to listen to how dangerous that container of shaving jell could be, so I'm scared to touch it."
:D:D:D:D:D:D

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If he were flying on an airline that doesn't allow the transportation of firearms this would be at least somewhat understandable although still stupid. But US Airways does allow firearms and has an FAQ on their website explaining all their rules. :banghead:

canadian

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
Any discharge of a handgun on a plane will immediately lead to rapid, traumatic decompression within seconds. Passengers will be suspended in mid-air on a stream of current flowing out of the airplane. Other passengers will have to cling to the wrists and fingers of those about to be sucked out.....

"Cut!"

"Hey, special effects guy, can you turn up the wind machine?"

What's the matter with you guys? Doesn't anyone learn physics from movies anymore?
You had me going for a second there! :lol:

Thundar

imported post

HankT wrote:

Obviously, this proves conclusively and unequivocally and indisputably......

....that we should all be allowed to carry as many guns as we want on allairline flights!!!!

It's the only logical way to look at it. Anybody disagree?
45.gif
Who are you and what did you do to Hank T?