Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Anniversary 6/4

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    I just realized that today is my one-year anniversary as a member of this board. It is also the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen Massacre in Beijing.

    It gives one pause.

    Thank God for our liberties; and with His help , may we continue to keep them.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    And may we continue to look the other way at China's gross human rights violations, because they sell us lots of cheap stuff and buy our debt, while continuing our campaign against "evil" and "terrorism" in countries far less able to defend themselves.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    And may we continue to look the other way at China's gross human rights violations, because they sell us lots of cheap stuff and buy our debt, while continuing our campaign against "evil" and "terrorism" in countries far less able to defend themselves.
    And may the fellow forum posters continue to look the other way at your consistent anti-American rhetoric. :quirky
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    303

    Post imported post

    If looking the other way when it comes to the evil deeds perpetrated by my countrymen and leaders is what it takes to be pro-America, then praise be to Allah, let's fly some planes into ****.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    Il_Duce wrote:
    If looking the other way when it comes to the evil deeds perpetrated by my countrymen and leaders is what it takes to be pro-America, then praise be to Allah, let's fly some planes into @#$%.
    You are taking my words out-of-context. I do not support many policies or actions that this nation sees fit to exercise. But instead of hate mongering about it on a internet forum as Stylez commonly does, I actively work to change the things I don't like. But in doing so, I stillabide by my oaths and I have loyalties to the constitution and my state. Trashing the troops or the political policies of the day is pointless if you do not have the courage and intestinal fortitude to try to make those necessary changes.

    This was a quote from you on one of your previous posts.

    "My only loyalty is to me."

    That is partly why you have been deemed a troll in other threads. You are just here to stir trouble and polarize the forum base - as is Stylez. You have essentially admitted that you only are concerned for yourself.That is sad.

    I challenge you to offer something useful to this forum.

    Lastly, Stylez is an adult and can adequately defend himself, he doesn't need any of your help.

    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    XD-GEM wrote:
    I just realized that today is my one-year anniversary as a member of this board. It is also the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen Massacre in Beijing.

    It gives one pause.

    Thank God for our liberties; and with His help , may we continue to keep them.
    Bless yer heart XD and thank you for not posting some inanity like "six-month anniversary". An Anniversary is ONE YEAR not a week or a month etc. I guess a couple tweenagers in puppy love could get away with saying "one week anniversary". (Hell, even some adult couples. Gawd knows I've had lovers that ten minutes with felt like a year unless we were totally making out) But when I hear some news twit say somethng like "today marks the six-month anniversary of the tragic Dumbdown High School shooting" I have to remind myself that if I throw a brickbat through the screen then that's one or two guns' worth of money to replace it. That usually calms me down.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    Oh and in a similar vein, El ******'s statement that his only loyalty is to him reminds me of a similar conversation I had with a pal. We were discussing religion when I bought up the subject of Jainism. He said he had dumped a girlfriend when he found out she followed that religion. I said:"What? Are you a bigot?" and he replied: "No, her name was JANE!" :celebrate

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Flintlock wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    And may we continue to look the other way at China's gross human rights violations, because they sell us lots of cheap stuff and buy our debt, while continuing our campaign against "evil" and "terrorism" in countries far less able to defend themselves.
    And may the fellow forum posters continue to look the other way at your consistent anti-American rhetoric. :quirky


    He mentioned Tienanmen Square. How is me calling America's hypocrisy in relation to China's human rights violations "anti-American rhetoric?" Forgive me, George Bush, I totally forgot that disagreeing with the government = unamerican.

    Last I checked, dissent is about the most American thing there is, sort of burning a flag in front of the Capitol.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    Last I check, we used to tar and feather Tories.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Last I check, we used to tar and feather Tories.
    Hypocrisy is also a hallmark of Americanism.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    He mentioned Tienanmen Square. How is me calling America's hypocricy in relation to China's human rights violations "anti-American rhetoric?" Forgive me, George Bush, I totally forgot that disagreeing with the government = unamerican.

    Last I check, dissent is about the most American thing there is, sort of burning a flag in front of the Capitol.
    That is the problem with your post, right there in bold. There is no relation and I would hope you would be able to understand that.

    I fully support you disagreeing with your government but we are not a communist nation that eraticates babies when a family has too many of them or only allows state sponsored radio, television,or internet access.

    I just hope you would be willing to work to change what bothers you instead of just hate mongeringabout it on a internet forum. Are you a part of the start-up of theCCDL concept in your state?

    I mention anti-American because it seems to me that you all-to-often try to make these types of comparison's with something America is doing "wrong" andthat you disagree with. I would be shocked if you have evertyped anything positive about America, the gun owning communty, or people that have religion in their lives.


    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Flintlock wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    He mentioned Tienanmen Square. How is me calling America's hypocricy in relation to China's human rights violations "anti-American rhetoric?" Forgive me, George Bush, I totally forgot that disagreeing with the government = unamerican.

    Last I check, dissent is about the most American thing there is, sort of burning a flag in front of the Capitol.
    That is the problem with your post, right there in bold. There is no relation

    How do you figure? So the Chinese were totally justified in what they did? You're saying this country didn't spend years justifying the Iraq war (after the WMD andOsama relation jokeswere proved wrong)because of Saddam's human rights violations? Are you saying we don't intervene in all types of third-world countries because of human rights violations, but look the other way when China does it? Why aren't we "liberating" and "bringing democracy" to China? Why aren't they part of the "axis of eeeeeevil?"

  13. #13
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    Uh, Flintlock, arent we both falling right into this idiot trap just like you warned against?? I'll say it one more time. Any man who will insult others and hide behind the Internet's anonymnity is a damned coward. He can either post a picture of his face or else shut the hell up. Why John and/or Mike have not simply banned him is beyond me, I guess every circus needs a clown or somethng like that. The effect is not so bad here as this thread started with one member celebrating his first full year here. I haven't been keeping track but I guess it is close to mine, too.

    I think I'll hang out on the technical threads for a while. This troll NEVER appears on them, because when you are talking actions, rifling, holsters and technique it is kinda hard to derail a thread with some jejune college-boy political dorm room bull session crapola. There, on those threads if you do not know WTF you are talking about it is instantly evident to all. Solid reality does not tolerate company with rainbow-and-unicorn bullcrap.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    How do you figure? So the Chinese were totally justified in what they did? You're saying this country didn't spend years justifying the Iraq war (after the WMD andOsama relation jokeswere proved wrong)because of Saddam's human rights violations? Are you saying we don't intervene in all types of third-world countries because of human rights violations, but look the other way when China does it? Why aren't we "liberating" and "bringing democracy" to China? Why aren't they part of the "axis of eeeeeevil?"

    -No, the Chinese were not justified.

    -I don't support military operations in Iraq. I do in Afghanistan.

    -We do intervene in third-world country affairs, but we shouldn't. It is not our business, it is not our war. Rwanda was another example of letting atrocities occur without intervention by the Clinton Administration, which I supported. I did not support our Somalia orHatianinterventions either.

    -Our current government is afraid of the Chinese because they can target us with Nuclear weapons, cyber attacks us, and crush us financially if they chose to do so.

    -We shouldn't bring "democracy" to anyone. They should choose it for themselves. We can offer help to those that ask for it. We did the same thing during the Revolution.

    -I don't believe in an axis of evil but I have concerns about certain nation states. I am very concerned about North Korea because they can potentially target my home state with NBC weapons and I think they just might be desparate and crazy enough to use them, unlike the Chinese. They are currently attempting to test a long-range missile that can reach us - just to antagaonize and try toscare us.

    -I don't believe in wars against ideas, like Terrorism, Religion,or Hate. Wars are against people and nations.



    Edit: Spelling

    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Uh, Flintlock, arent we both falling right into this idiot trap just like you warned against?? I'll say it one more time. Any man who will insult others and hide behind the Internet's anonymnity is a damned coward. He can either post a picture of his face or else shut the hell up. Why John and/or Mike have not simply banned him is beyond me, I guess every circus needs a clown or somethng like that. The effect is not so bad here as this thread started with one member celebrating his first full year here. I haven't been keeping track but I guess it is close to mine, too.

    I think I'll hang out on the technical threads for a while. This troll NEVER appears on them, because when you are talking actions, rifling, holsters and technique it is kinda hard to derail a thread with some jejune college-boy political dorm room bull session crapola. There, on those threads if you do not know WTF you are talking about it is instantly evident to all. Solid reality does not tolerate company with rainbow-and-unicorn bullcrap.
    You are right, Alex. I was doing a good job ignoring him for awhile but every now and then, I get caught up in a moment of weakness.
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Flintlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Alaska, USA
    Posts
    1,224

    Post imported post

    XD-GEM wrote:
    I just realized that today is my one-year anniversary as a member of this board. It is also the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen Massacre in Beijing.

    It gives one pause.

    Thank God for our liberties; and with His help , may we continue to keep them.
    Congratulations on your one year anniversarywith this board. I have recently hit my third year with you fellow carriers.



    Edit: Spelling
    Peace through superior firepower

    Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    XD-GEM wrote:
    I just realized that today is my one-year anniversary as a member of this board. It is also the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen Massacre in Beijing.

    It gives one pause.

    Thank God for our liberties; and with His help , may we continue to keep them.
    Bless yer heart XD and thank you for not posting some inanity like "six-month anniversary". An Anniversary is ONE YEAR not a week or a month etc. I guess a couple tweenagers in puppy love could get away with saying "one week anniversary". (Hell, even some adult couples. Gawd knows I've had lovers that ten minutes with felt like a year unless we were totally making out) But when I hear some news twit say somethng like "today marks the six-month anniversary of the tragic Dumbdown High School shooting" I have to remind myself that if I throw a brickbat through the screen then that's one or two guns' worth of money to replace it. That usually calms me down.
    Having studied Latin and Greek in my younger days, I share your disdain for the "six month anniversary" phrasing.

    I'd really like it if the folks who hijacked this thread let it rest. I clearly remember watching via satellite the events of those horrible days. Even Dan Rather had a courageous moment as he delayed turning off his satellite feed while arguing with armed Chinese soldiers. When he finally signed off and signaled to the technician to kill the signal, the network let the "snow" air for a bit before going back to the main newsroom. It sent chills down my spine, watching it happen live.

    For a long time, I tried to avoid buying anything made in China; bul alas, that has become increasingly difficult. Our government's policy of engagement with China has been of some benefit to the Chinese people - but only on a limited basis. The hoped-for political change that many expected would result from the rising middle class in China has not materialized. The recent earthquake which gave so much grief to so many Chinese whose only child was killed in the earthquake might not have caused such an uproar from the people themselves without the small openning that trade has brought them; however, even now, the government of China is clamping down on the many citizen-run relief operations that sprang up in response to the quake.

    The citizens of China have had a few tastes of freedom, but not enough to make them want to rise up and throw off their government. We Americans know what true freedom means. Let us not let it slip away.


  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    303

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    He can either post a picture of his face or else shut the hell up.
    So where's your ugly cabjockey mug?

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Last I check, we used to tar and feather Tories.
    Hypocrisy is also a hallmark of Americanism.
    I think AWD would be a lot happier posting on some ultra left-wing forums, instead of just annoying people on this board.

    Oh, that's right - I forgot - he is here for negative attention, not for anything productive - kinda like a child. I mentioned that before, but people keep engaging in heated discussions with him - which is exactly what he is looking for.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Uh, Flintlock, arent we both falling right into this idiot trap just like you warned against?? I'll say it one more time. Any man who will insult others and hide behind the Internet's anonymnity is a damned coward. He can either post a picture of his face or else shut the hell up. Why John and/or Mike have not simply banned him is beyond me, I guess every circus needs a clown or somethng like that. The effect is not so bad here as this thread started with one member celebrating his first full year here. I haven't been keeping track but I guess it is close to mine, too.

    I think I'll hang out on the technical threads for a while. This troll NEVER appears on them, because when you are talking actions, rifling, holsters and technique it is kinda hard to derail a thread with some jejune college-boy political dorm room bull session crapola. There, on those threads if you do not know WTF you are talking about it is instantly evident to all. Solid reality does not tolerate company with rainbow-and-unicorn bullcrap.
    Hahahahaha!!!!

    + 100000000 Couldn't say it better :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

  21. #21
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    Il_Duce wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    He can either post a picture of his face or else shut the hell up.
    So where's your ugly cabjockey mug?
    For the umpteenth time and to satify you HERE. Now where is yours?

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Chaingun81 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Alexcabbie wrote:
    Last I check, we used to tar and feather Tories.
    Hypocrisy is also a hallmark of Americanism.
    I think AWD would be a lot happier posting on some ultra left-wing forums, instead of just annoying people on this board.

    Oh, that's right - I forgot - he is here for negative attention, not for anything productive - kinda like a child. I mentioned that before, but people keep engaging in heated discussions with him - which is exactly what he is looking for.



    What your opinion on Tiananmen Square and the fact that this country ignores such things when convenient, and engages in war over them when convenient?

    Do you have something relevant and on-topic to post or are you going to join my fan club and go around the boardmakingoff-topic posts about how "off-topic" my on-topic posts are?


  23. #23
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    The topic was happy anniversary to a fellow member until YOU showed up.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Flintlock wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    How do you figure? So the Chinese were totally justified in what they did? You're saying this country didn't spend years justifying the Iraq war (after the WMD andOsama relation jokeswere proved wrong)because of Saddam's human rights violations? Are you saying we don't intervene in all types of third-world countries because of human rights violations, but look the other way when China does it? Why aren't we "liberating" and "bringing democracy" to China? Why aren't they part of the "axis of eeeeeevil?"

    -No, the Chinese were not justified.

    -I don't support military operations in Iraq. I do in Afghanistan.

    -We do intervene in third-world country affairs, but we shouldn't. It is not our business, it is not our war. Rwanda was another example of letting atrocities occur without intervention by the Clinton Administration, which I supported. I did not support our Somalia orHatianinterventions either.

    -Our current government is afraid of the Chinese because they can target us with Nuclear weapons, cyber attacks us, and crush us financially if they chose to do so.

    -We shouldn't bring "democracy" to anyone. They should choose it for themselves. We can offer help to those that ask for it. We did the same thing during the Revolution.

    -I don't believe in an axis of evil but I have concerns about certain nation states. I am very concerned about North Korea because they can potentially target my home state with NBC weapons and I think they just might be desparate and crazy enough to use them, unlike the Chinese. They are currently attempting to test a long-range missile that can reach us - just to antagaonize and try toscare us.

    -I don't believe in wars against ideas, like Terrorism, Religion,or Hate. Wars are against people and nations.



    Edit: Spelling


    Then wtf are you whining about? You just agreed with what I posted, after crying that it was "anti-American." GTFO of here with your accusations of me stirring trouble and being "anti-American"when you can't even articulate what it is you disagree with me on.


    Articulate your original point. What part of calling our government's hypocrisy as it is constitutes "anti-American rhetoric?"

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Alexcabbie wrote:
    The topic was happy anniversary to a fellow member until YOU showed up.


    Oh was it? Or is that just the part you chose to pay attention to, then got your panties in a bunch when I made a very valid point about the otherpart?

    XD-GEM wrote:
    I just realized that today is my one-year anniversary as a member of this board. It is also the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen Massacre in Beijing.

    It gives one pause.

    Thank God for our liberties; and with His help , may we continue to keep them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •