Thread: Handguns Should Be Strapped on the Hip, Not Concealed!

Post imported post

Post imported post

ROTFLMAO
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Hahahaha I love this guy. I miss Texas sometimes. I'm a true Texan... I was born there. Yeehaw.

Post imported post

That was pretty humorous. After watching that video I drifted a bit and found this web gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REM8JTrCt04&NR=1

I'm not sure if it is real or staged but the idea is a pretty good one.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    Wow, this guy is a real basket case. I'm sorry, but I would not want him as my spokesperson.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    stephgrinage23 wrote:
    Wow, this guy is a real basket case. I'm sorry, but I would not want him as my spokesperson.
    I pretty much agreed with everything he was saying. He might not be the best choice for PR though... haha

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Why does "Handguns Should Be Strapped on the Hip, Not Concealed!" sound so familiar??
    oh thats right, nearly the exact same statement was uttered by the governor of Wisconsin at a political rally several years ago when people were questioning him as to why he vetoe'd the bills (2-times vetoe'd) for Wisconsins citizens to get the provisions to carry concealed! He stated "if you want to wear a pistol, Wear it on your hip" (while he patted his right hip to show where it should be)

So we all start carrying openly now and he is having a fit! And vowed to get the state preemption laws lifted so communities can again have a patchwork of firearm laws. He is up for re-election in a year or so, if he gets elected again, I am joining the ranks of the Yoopers!

it makes me happy that Michigan is moving forward, while Wisconsin is moving backwards. I may be immigrating to the U.P. sooner than I originally planned if this continues!

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Post imported post

LOL....hey crack-head...go get your crack somewhere else...a dinosaur crack-head, an elephant crack-head, a rhinoceros crack-head...it'll stop 'em!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Post imported post

Ethan_Frome wrote:
    That was pretty humorous. After watching that video I drifted a bit and found this web gem:

not a good idea. if that gun were loaded in her frantic reaction she could have accidentally discharged it.

why would you NOT want your wife to be comfortable, familiar with, and know how to use properly the weapons in your house?

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    not a good idea. if that gun were loaded in her frantic reaction she could have accidentally discharged it.

why would you NOT want your wife to be comfortable, familiar with, and know how to use properly the weapons in your house?
    I hope the guy had enough sense to know that the weapon was not loaded. The thing is that I am certain the woman did not know whether or not it was (the "oh no" look on her face). She had just performed the action necessary to chamber a round and had her finger all over the trigger.

I took my wife to the range for the first time the other day. She performed very well and I am now very comfortable with her handling my firearms when I am not around. It did take a few reminders not to place her finger on the trigger before she is ready to fire before it actually sank in though. By the time we had finished she was very comfortable and now feels more confident around the firearms in our home. I think it was also a wake up call to just how powerful the .40 was. She was surprised the first time she sent a round down range.

Back on topic: What I thought was really priceless in the video clip linked to above was that sheSNIFFED the pistol in her effort to determine whether or not she had chambered a round. Wow....

-U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    Hahahahaha, that was hilarious!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

This guy for president.
    :celebrate
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    Ethan_Frome wrote:

Steph, you're right, I rescind my statement of it being a 'pretty good idea'. I was raised by a father who did that kinda crap all the time. Not necessarily in regards to firearms, but whenever the opportunity arose. I can attest that for better or worse, it will keep her on her toes and respecting it's authority when handling firearms.

Sorry to detract...back to the original vid post:

"We were given by our founding fathers the right to bear arms against tyranny, against crackheads, against foreign invaders."

Well spoken, but I wonder what this guy's affliction is with crackheads, haha.