• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handguns Should Be Strapped on the Hip, Not Concealed!

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Why does "Handguns Should Be Strapped on the Hip, Not Concealed!" sound so familiar??
oh thats right, nearly the exact same statement was uttered by the governor of Wisconsin at a political rally several years ago when people were questioning him as to why he vetoe'd the bills (2-times vetoe'd) for Wisconsins citizens to get the provisions to carry concealed! He stated "if you want to wear a pistol, Wear it on your hip" (while he patted his right hip to show where it should be)

So we all start carrying openly now and he is having a fit! And vowed to get the state preemption laws lifted so communities can again have a patchwork of firearm laws. He is up for re-election in a year or so, if he gets elected again, I am joining the ranks of the Yoopers!

it makes me happy that Michigan is moving forward, while Wisconsin is moving backwards. I may be immigrating to the U.P. sooner than I originally planned if this continues!

stephgrinage23

imported post

Ethan_Frome wrote:
That was pretty humorous. After watching that video I drifted a bit and found this web gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REM8JTrCt04&NR=1

I'm not sure if it is real or staged but the idea is a pretty good one.
not a good idea. if that gun were loaded in her frantic reaction she could have accidentally discharged it.

why would you NOT want your wife to be comfortable, familiar with, and know how to use properly the weapons in your house?

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
not a good idea. if that gun were loaded in her frantic reaction she could have accidentally discharged it.

why would you NOT want your wife to be comfortable, familiar with, and know how to use properly the weapons in your house?

I hope the guy had enough sense to know that the weapon was not loaded. The thing is that I am certain the woman did not know whether or not it was (the "oh no" look on her face). She had just performed the action necessary to chamber a round and had her finger all over the trigger.

I took my wife to the range for the first time the other day. She performed very well and I am now very comfortable with her handling my firearms when I am not around. It did take a few reminders not to place her finger on the trigger before she is ready to fire before it actually sank in though. By the time we had finished she was very comfortable and now feels more confident around the firearms in our home. I think it was also a wake up call to just how powerful the .40 was. She was surprised the first time she sent a round down range.

Back on topic: What I thought was really priceless in the video clip linked to above was that sheSNIFFED the pistol in her effort to determine whether or not she had chambered a round. Wow....

Ruckus

imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
Ethan_Frome wrote:
That was pretty humorous. After watching that video I drifted a bit and found this web gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REM8JTrCt04&NR=1

I'm not sure if it is real or staged but the idea is a pretty good one.

Steph, you're right, I rescind my statement of it being a 'pretty good idea'. I was raised by a father who did that kinda crap all the time. Not necessarily in regards to firearms, but whenever the opportunity arose. I can attest that for better or worse, it will keep her on her toes and respecting it's authority when handling firearms.

Sorry to detract...back to the original vid post:

"We were given by our founding fathers the right to bear arms against tyranny, against crackheads, against foreign invaders."

Well spoken, but I wonder what this guy's affliction is with crackheads, haha.