Thread: FYI: Randy

Post imported post

I wanted to let everyone know that Randy Laun has suffered a stroke and will be closing his practice. He went in for a triple bypass, which went well, but afterward suffered a stroke. His assistant passed the grim news on to me. He is doing well, but is having some problems with his short-term memory and his speech. Our prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery.

Post imported post

This is very sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Yup. I was told by a good friend of his, but I didn't know if I should pass it along here. Randy is a fine gentleman and the legal community is diminished by his retirement.

I too wish him the best of luck and offer my prayers.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Randy did a tremendous amount for me as well. He will be missed in his ability.

Post imported post

I'm kinda depressed I never got to meet him the couple times he came to our meets. Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime soon so I can thank him for all he's done for the OC and civil rights causes.

I wonder if he has any suggestions for us OC'ers as to whom we should contact in case of abuse of authority on the part of LEO's or state officials.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Very sad. I hope he is able to recover from the stroke and live peacefully in retirement. Best wishes.

Post imported post

I have known and been a friend with Randy for several years. This is dishearting to me. I also have another attorney that is capable and if he gives me the OK, I will post his info on here.

Post imported post

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    I'm kinda depressed I never got to meet him the couple times he came to our meets. Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime soon so I can thank him for all he's done for the OC and civil rights causes.

I wonder if he has any suggestions for us OC'ers as to whom we should contact in case of abuse of authority on the part of LEO's or state officials.
    Randy told me that he wanted to come to our meets, but never did make it as far as I know. Bruce Danielson (Port Orchard attorney) made both the Long Lake and Tawanoh State Park picnics. He would be a good contact.

Post imported post

OOPPPS!!

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    just_a_car wrote:

Randy told me that he wanted to come to our meets, but never did make it as far as I know. Bruce Danielson (Port Orchard attorney) made both the Long Lake and Tawanoh State Park picnics. He would be a good contact.
    Good to know, TD. I made Long Lake last year, so I may have unknowingly met him. Thanks.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

So anyone know of a nother lawyer now that Randy is no longer available? i still need to file suit against PPD and it helps to have a lawyer who knows what they are doing

Post imported post

So sorry to hear this. Please pass on my sympathy and prayers.

Post imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
    So anyone know of a nother lawyer now that Randy is no longer available? i still need to file suit against PPD and it helps to have a lawyer who knows what they are doing
    This is NOT a recommendation. I don't even know the guy. But, he advertises himself as a "Firearms Lawyer" located in Federal Way: Mark S. Knapp, http://www.firearmslawyer.net/index.htm

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    This is NOT a recommendation. I don't even know the guy. But, he advertises himself as a "Firearms Lawyer" located in Federal Way: Mark S. Knapp, http://www.firearmslawyer.net/index.htm
    Sorry to hear about Randy.

As far as Mark goes, he has filed for Federal Municipal Court judge and will face five other candidates in the August 18 primary.