• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FYI: Randy

Mainsail

imported post

I wanted to let everyone know that Randy Laun has suffered a stroke and will be closing his practice. He went in for a triple bypass, which went well, but afterward suffered a stroke. His assistant passed the grim news on to me. He is doing well, but is having some problems with his short-term memory and his speech. Our prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Yup. I was told by a good friend of his, but I didn't know if I should pass it along here. Randy is a fine gentleman and the legal community is diminished by his retirement.

I too wish him the best of luck and offer my prayers.

just_a_car

imported post

I'm kinda depressed I never got to meet him the couple times he came to our meets. Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime soon so I can thank him for all he's done for the OC and civil rights causes.

I wonder if he has any suggestions for us OC'ers as to whom we should contact in case of abuse of authority on the part of LEO's or state officials.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I have known and been a friend with Randy for several years. This is dishearting to me. I also have another attorney that is capable and if he gives me the OK, I will post his info on here.

Trigger Dr

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I'm kinda depressed I never got to meet him the couple times he came to our meets. Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime soon so I can thank him for all he's done for the OC and civil rights causes.

I wonder if he has any suggestions for us OC'ers as to whom we should contact in case of abuse of authority on the part of LEO's or state officials.
Randy told me that he wanted to come to our meets, but never did make it as far as I know. Bruce Danielson (Port Orchard attorney) made both the Long Lake and Tawanoh State Park picnics. He would be a good contact.

just_a_car

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
just_a_car wrote:

Randy told me that he wanted to come to our meets, but never did make it as far as I know. Bruce Danielson (Port Orchard attorney) made both the Long Lake and Tawanoh State Park picnics. He would be a good contact.
Good to know, TD. I made Long Lake last year, so I may have unknowingly met him. Thanks.

jarhead1911A

imported post

So anyone know of a nother lawyer now that Randy is no longer available? i still need to file suit against PPD and it helps to have a lawyer who knows what they are doing

Ajetpilot

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
So anyone know of a nother lawyer now that Randy is no longer available? i still need to file suit against PPD and it helps to have a lawyer who knows what they are doing
This is NOT a recommendation. I don't even know the guy. But, he advertises himself as a "Firearms Lawyer" located in Federal Way: Mark S. Knapp, http://www.firearmslawyer.net/index.htm

Gene Beasley

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
This is NOT a recommendation. I don't even know the guy. But, he advertises himself as a "Firearms Lawyer" located in Federal Way: Mark S. Knapp, http://www.firearmslawyer.net/index.htm
Sorry to hear about Randy.

As far as Mark goes, he has filed for Federal Municipal Court judge and will face five other candidates in the August 18 primary.