• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Orleans CHP/OC Weapon Retention training

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

OK guys.

Just gauging to see what the interest would be in some hands on training for weapon retention for CHP and OC applications, because the techniques do differ a little.

All Facist BS aside, ;) I have a firearms training business that I run out of the New Orleans Area.

The class would probably be about 50.00-75.00, 4-6 hours long and it would cover. It would probably happen in the aerly part of August on a Saturday or Sunday from anbout 1000-1600.

Weapon retention from front, rear, and side
Weapon Disarming
Holster design and retention devices

I just returned from an instructor conference and got some good phisio-kenetics training from Phil Messina and some other great weapon retention techniques to add to the old tool-box.

dates Depending, who is interested?

Many of you probably have already, but feel free to check out my website:

www.nolatac.com

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Even ifnobody else is interested, I am. I contacted you last month to see about getting personal,one on one training concerning this very issue.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

I do have access to space in Houma. Other than that, with enough students, I could probably work something out at Diamond Rnge in BR or maybe precision.

Anyone have property where we can safely and legally shoot that would like to host a class?

Anty506

imported post

Sign me up!

As far as land, I do know some people out in the country (loranger/husser) with tons of land, but I don't know if that would be close to everyone.

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bumping to get an actual number if anyone is still interested. I'm doing the one on one w/nolatac (nolacopusmc) but I'll also do a group thing.

That doesn't sound right if you read it aloud.

stockcarracer

imported post

Just joined the board and fount this post. I live inFranklinton. My son and I would be interested in taking a class or two. Let me know when you get one together.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:
nolacopusmc wrote:
iron it out so that it will be relevant and value added for CC and OC.
What's "value added for CC" ? A tax? How many people do you need to make this a go?
Sorry, meant i am ironing out the material so students will get something out the class wether they choose to CC or OC.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Do Sat and SUn evenings work better for most people
(about 4 hours) or does in the evening during the week work?