• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heading to the Duluth Area in August

Gunner69

imported post

So bear with me I'll post an intro post in a bit...

I will be travelling to the Duluth area for a couple weeks in August. I currently have a OR and WA CHL and have applied for a Utah but well we all knowhow that is going since Nov. I understand that until I get my Utah permit that I am SOL as far as conceled carry goes, but I am VERY confused regardingOC.

From what I can gather OC is not allowed unless I have a valid permit. Not debating the OC v CC arguments just seems kind of counter productive. Is this correct or can I OC once I get there?

Joat

imported post

In Minnesota there is no legal difference between OC and CC, you must a MN permit or one from a state MN recognizes. Once you have a permit MN has a lot fewer restrictions on where you can carry, schools, daycare centers and some government buildings, and whih proper notice you can carry in most of the government buildings. You can even touch alchol in a bar you just have to obey a .04% BAC rule.

FMCDH

imported post

Anyone know why Minnesota doesn't recognize a Florida CWoFL?

Across the board, Utah and Florida seem to have near identical reciprocity with the exception of Minnesota and Washington for the Utah permit, but since I am from Wa, that's not so much a problem. ;)

Has that been discussed here?