View Poll Results: should off duty or retired LE be entitled to carry a firearm in places where any other ordinary citi

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Yes

1 3.57%
  • 2. No

27 96.43%

Thread: TN HB 0898 passes

Post imported post

So they can be trusted to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol--but now an entire city in Tennessee is trying to find a way to prohibit the ordinary citizen from doing so?

You should not have to be wearing a uniform in order to carry a gun.

they are no more trustworthy than anyone else. They should not be entitled to any special favors or conditions.

I am sorry HB 0898 passed--please call the governor and ask him to veto it.

Post imported post

Im confused. Tennessee just passed restaurant/bar carry. The veto override passed both the house and senate. TN HCP holders will now be able to carry in these places, not just people carrying under LEOSA.

Post imported post

yes, Tn just passed a restaurant carry law--but if Nashville is successful and finds a way around the new law--then so will every other city in the state--which means the law is useless.

It isn't over simply because the legislature over rode the Governors veto--because the gun haters and the Constitution haters are going to try and find a way around it.

Post imported post

Jared wrote:
    Im confused. Tennessee just passed restaurant/bar carry. The veto override passed both the house and senate. TN HCP holders will now be able to carry in these places, not just people carrying under LEOSA.
    The thing is the double standard of it--Nashville is trying to find a loophole so they can still restrict guns in restaurants that serve alcohol--but on the other hand they would welcome people under LEOSA....you should not have to wear a uniform to carry a gun.

Post imported post

What do you mean? The bill clearly says carry is ok with an HCP and provided that you do not drink. Unless a restaurant decides to post the place off limits, what else can nashville do???

Post imported post

Jared wrote:
    What do you mean? The bill clearly says carry is ok with an HCP and provided that you do not drink. Unless a restaurant decides to post the place off limits, what else can nashville do???
    See here for the explanation:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/26779.html
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'll never get it. The restaraunt owners that don't want guns in their businesses will flop all over the place like a fish out of water screaming "But we don't want guns in our businesses!"...... but they won't put signs in their windows.

They already have the power to forbid carrying on their property, why do they not use it?

Post imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
    I'll never get it. The restaraunt owners that don't want guns in their businesses will flop all over the place like a fish out of water screaming "But we don't want guns in our businesses!"...... but they won't put signs in their windows.

They already have the power to forbid carrying on their property, why do they not use it?
    Sorry for not answering sooner, been away at Boy Scout summer camp for a week...I think it is this--before now, they have always had the law shielding them ("Hey, folks, it's not up to me, it's against the law"). Now, they do not have that shield, and they must fish or cut bait. If they post, they will lose business, and they don't like that. OMO, YMMV.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

falcon1 wrote:
    Dispatcher wrote:

Sorry for not answering sooner, been away at Boy Scout summer camp for a week...I think it is this--before now, they have always had the law shielding them ("Hey, folks, it's not up to me, it's against the law"). Now, they do not have that shield, and they must fish or cut bait. If they post, they will lose business, and they don't like that. OMO, YMMV.
    I believe you're right falcon. No one wants to take responsibility for their own decisions. Now it's time for them to pony up and do for themselves.

I don't know that they'll lose all that much business if they post signs. Unless, they start experiencing an increase in violant crimes, while the non-posted restaraunts don't.