• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. Customs wants your - KNIFE!

Zed Snardbody

imported post

Whats nice is that TSA is finally looking at things from a new perspective.

Since inception they've been building on pre 9-11 rules. When they finnaly shift over the prohib list is going to only be things that can breach a cockpit door or substantially damage an aircraft.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Zed Snardbody wrote:
Whats nice is that TSA is finally looking at things from a new perspective.

Since inception they've been building on pre 9-11 rules. When they finnaly shift over the prohib list is going to only be things that can breach a cockpit door or substantially damage an aircraft.
No offense but I'll believe it when I see it.

Yata hey

Yata hey

Zed Snardbody

imported post

I'd like to. As soon as I can I will right now all we've seen is are things on the intra net that aren't suitable for distribution.

Should it not come to pass for whatever reason I'll publicly apologize on the board as well.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Barnett3006 wrote:
WTF.......

How does U.S. Customs get any say in controlling things that are already INSIDE the country? I ask out of ignorance and hope that someone can explain this to me, cuz I don' get it.

Absolute lunacy, I swear.....

I'd have to second this particular request.

How does US Customs control anything that is already inside our nation or what is specifically made within our own borders?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Customs

Furthermore, US Customs was dissolved once the DHS was set up. It is now a branch of the DHS.

What does any of this have to do with law abiding citizens owning and carrying what is already inside the US or made in the US?

Wouldn't this just affect what is coming in from other countries?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
Barnett3006 wrote:
WTF.......

How does U.S. Customs get any say in controlling things that are already INSIDE the country? I ask out of ignorance and hope that someone can explain this to me, cuz I don' get it.

Absolute lunacy, I swear.....

I'd have to second this particular request.

How does US Customs control anything that is already inside our nation or what is specifically made within our own borders?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Customs

Furthermore, US Customs was dissolved once the DHS was set up. It is now a branch of the DHS.

What does any of this have to do with law abiding citizens owning and carrying what is already inside the US or made in the US?

Wouldn't this just affect what is coming in from other countries?
I find this very curious myself.

falcon1

imported post

I sense the proverbial "camel's nose under the tent." Once Customs and Border Protection regulates their import out of existence, then another agency of DHS will regulate internal possession out of existence.

:banghead:

ooghost1oo

imported post

The Customs / Border Protection Dept is about to disarm us of all folding knives!!

They're trying to redefine switchblades to include and make illegal pretty much ALL folding knives! This would be a serious violation of rights and a large but subtle step to citizen disarmament.

Read more details on my Blog entry, and TAKE ACTION!

http://eddiepatin.com/pblog/index.php?entry=entry090618-100801

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From what I have read elsewhere, and you'll have to forgive me as I cannot find the link no matter how hard I try....

If this rule goes through, it will ban the importation and exportation of knives.

It would also ban the interstate sale or manufacture of them as well. What has already been made will still be legal to own and carry. You may still sell what you have.

But this will make it illegal to make new ones and sell them, even when they are made in america.

Do *not* hold me to this information. I read it elsewhere and cannot for the life of me remember where nor can I, despite my best efforts, find the link. This is just what I remember from what I read elsewhere. It could be incorrect.