Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Why is this so hard to understand?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Why is this so hard for many of you to understand.
    YOU DO NOT NEED PERMISSION TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

    Just do it!

    Don't Call
    Don't send a letter
    Don't ask
    Don't be afraid to exercise your rights
    Don't be irresponsible

    Do act in a mature normal manner.
    Do look for signs posted "No Firearms"
    Do be polite when some one asks why you are open carrying
    Do follow and know the current laws regarding firearms
    Do enjoy your god given rights

    Never unholster except to load/unload and clear or to defend your life or the life of another. No exceptions!

    Doesn't get any easier than that

    If you call they could say NO!

    If you send a letter they will write you back and then you have it in writing that they said, NO!

    If you ask before you go in they will say NO!

    You should not be afraid to do something that is legal and your right to do, that is just ridiculous.

    Stop and think before you do anything and ask yourself if you are a mature and responsible individual. If you can answer yes then by all means open carry. If not then leave it at home so you do not make the rest of us look bad and interfere with this freedom of rights movement.

    If you open Carry be mature and act normal. The only person that knows this is your first time is you, so do not make it obvious.

    Look for signs that maybe posted before entering any business to save yourself the hassle. If you are asked to leave then do so immediately, with out question.

    If someone asks you why you open carry be honest and tell them. Be polite and help them too understand. They may be interested in open carrying themselves and what you say may be the deciding factor.

    Try to at least be familiar with the state laws concerning firearms and the safe handling of firearms for your safety and the safety of others.

    This is your God given right. Given too you by our fore fathers and fought for by thousand of veterans, many who lost their lives in the fight. So when you OC do it with honor and do it to honor those who gave you the right to do so.

    There does not have to be any special plans, picnics or rally just do it!

    BE PROUD YOU ARE AN AMERICAN!

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    637

    Post imported post

    You're absolutely right. I think it just comes down to the fact that first time carriers think they're being polite by asking. That and they don't realize that if there are no signs posted that you must be asked to leave before any action can be taken.

    I've been doing it for a little while now and most of the time nobody even notices! I wear a full size 1911 and most people don't notice or don't care. Most anyone else will assume you're a cop.

    If you are asked to leave drop what you are doing and walk out. If you engage him in conversation or argue with him after he asks you to leave it can be construed as non-compliance.

    Follow J.Gleason's post and you'll be fine.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    77

    Post imported post

    I feel bad now because of the time I emaileda movie theaterasking their policy. Fortunately it was positive, the reply stating that they follow state and local laws. And when I went, there was no incident.

    Good post, though. Hopefully it'll inspire more to get out there and exercise their rights.

    :celebrate

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Coast, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    306

    Post imported post

    Bump


    this just needs to be read by more people

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Your right, they still keep asking the same questions.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Although I am glad to see that at least they are asking questions and not just taking action with out knowing. We don't need any more stones thrown at us from the anti gunners

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    west bend, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    26

    Post imported post

    hello is it not OC if u wear a shoulder holster above clothes ?

  8. #8
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    hello is it not OC if u wear a shoulder holster above clothes ?
    Grey area.

    Avoid grey areas.

    If someone saw it, than one would think, that in and of itself indicates its NOT concealled.

    However, knowing the propensity of armed government agents to try to nail you for anything they can whenever they can, i personally would avoid grey areas. (then again, my good friend Jesus does not) ymmv

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    uncledrew23 wrote:
    hello is it not OC if u wear a shoulder holster above clothes ?
    I know, I know, I posted this in another post but here goes.

    Some would argue that if you have a brand name shoulder holster the straps that go around your shoulders are very visible and in turn do bring attention to the holster and fire arm therefore, making the fire arm more visible as well.
    One could argue that while carrying a holster on your hip your arm could potentially cover the fire arm therefore concealing it in the same manner that a shoulder holster would conceal it.
    My advice to you is to try it out and see if you are comfortable with it just do not cover it up with a coat or jacket.
    Not walking around with your hands in the air does not constitute concealing the fire arm.
    There is no specific rule that the fire arm has to be carried on your hip.
    I have personally carried with both types of holsters.
    I found the shoulder holsters the hardest to get used too.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    721

    Post imported post

    To go back to the original post.

    Carry often. NEVER ask permission; said permission will not be given. Your rights do not need to be excused or allowed, they need to be exercised.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Bump

  12. #12
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Sajuuk wrote:
    I feel bad now because of the time I emaileda movie theaterasking their policy. Fortunately it was positive, the reply stating that they follow state and local laws. And when I went, there was no incident.
    There's nothing intrinsically wrong with calling ahead and checking out the policy. Just as there is nothing wrong intrinscally with simply (after knowing the applicable laws) doing it.

    Depends on the circumstances, risks, and evaluations of same.

    To say "NEVER ask for permission" is spinning it in a direction that is not necessarily productive.

    Use your judgment on when, where and how to carry. Or not to carry.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    WI, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    :celebrateI totally agree with this topic. Why can you just do it, instead of keeep asking the P. D./sheriff's dept. to see if it's OK to do.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    Sajuuk wrote:
    I feel bad now because of the time I emaileda movie theaterasking their policy. Fortunately it was positive, the reply stating that they follow state and local laws. And when I went, there was no incident.
    There's nothing intrinsically wrong with calling ahead and checking out the policy. Just as there is nothing wrong intrinscally with simply (after knowing the applicable laws) doing it.

    Depends on the circumstances, risks, and evaluations of same.

    To say "NEVER ask for permission" is spinning it in a direction that is not necessarily productive.

    Use your judgment on when, where and how to carry. Or not to carry.
    The problem is, if the business does not have a policy on fire arms, calling them and questioning them about it will more than likely make them create a policy. I would much rather show up at the business in person. If nothing is said and I am free to go about my business the so be it.

    If the business and it's employees become offended by my fire arm and ask me to leave, that is great too, I just won't patronize their business any longer.

    Just like the businessman doesn't have to ask my permission to send me his sales paper in the mail, why should I ask permission from him to exercise my rights?

    I do not feel I have to ask anyone's permission to do something that is legal.

    If I ask every business owner in town if I can open carry in their place of business and they all say NO, then what?

    Stop exercising my rights because business has over ruled the Constitution?

    Not a chance.

    Just do it!


    Molon labe!
    Carry On!

  15. #15
    Regular Member ROOK_WI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Franklin, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    Gleason, that is pure poetry </sniffle>

    I hear "Battle Hymn of The Republic" in my head now...

  16. #16
    Regular Member Carcharodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    189

    Post imported post

    Gleason, Well said.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    After reading some recent posts, I thought this should be brought to the top again.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    I can agree to the point of not asking to exercise a right. I also agree with exercising caution as to being very aware of where you are and what you are doing. Things like attitude, body language and what your hands are doing are very important in how people percieve you. In my instance where I had a incident with the WPD, my attitude and behavior went a long way towards alleviating any fears my arresting officer had that I was up to no good. Conversly, if you are pissed off at work/life/your wife or what have you, probably better to leave the gun in the car so no one thinks you are there to bust the joint up,lol. Just my .02

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Bump

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Seems this needs to be read all over again.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    45

    Post imported post

    ROOK_WI wrote:
    Gleason, that is pure poetry </sniffle>

    I hear "Battle Hymn of The Republic" in my head now...
    Is this instrumental or do you hear vocals too?

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Bump

  23. #23
    Regular Member Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    OTP, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    231

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    This is your God given right. Given too you by our fore fathers and fought for by thousand of veterans, many who lost their lives in the fight.
    Wonderfully put. I only have issue with this one little piece.

    God given right yes. Guaranteed by our forefathers in the Constitution of the United States.

    Not nit picking, it's a great read, and I agree except that no "rights" are given to me by any politician. In my experience they have plenty of experience infringing on them however.

    In today's USA it's high time we remind the jokers in DC, ALL OF THEM, that they work for US, not the other way around.

    We need to be REAFFIRMING our "rights".



  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    So the right to a gun is a privilege granted by the state to its citizens?
    No the right to keep and bear arms is a right granted by the U.S. Constitution to the citizens of the United States.

    The U.S. Constitution is the Supreme law of the land and it applies to American citizens here in America. It does not apply in any other country and therefore should not apply to any non citizen in this country. But that is just my opinion.

    Look at Mexico for example, if a person here, even a legal citizen commits murder and runs to Mexico, the Mexican government will not even extradite the individual unless the U.S. Government promises that the individual will not face the death penalty.

    Now, if that is the case then the Mexican Government should take full responsibility for that individual from that point on. That individual should lose all citizenship in the U.S.

    Not having individual Constitutions and allowing every person in this world Rights and privileges under the U.S. constitution amounts to nothing more than a One World Government period.

  25. #25
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187

    Post imported post

    This is the first time I read this post.

    SPOT ON! Mr. Gleason. SPOT ON!

    What you wrote in words is what my inner voice told me. When I started to OC, I did so solo. I had not met anyone or had friends that OC before I started.

    IT'S LEGAL. JUST DO IT.

    Not that I was not before, but now I am even more polite and considerate of others when I OC. Not coyish or apprehensive, but proud and confident.

    Thanks agian, Mr. Gleason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •