• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

want a sig

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sw40g wrote:
i am looking to buy a sig any body out there have one

4 posts, apparently has not tried to buy one in a gun shop or cannot buy one there.

May be living under a bridge for reasons other than homelessness.

stay safe.

skidmark

DocV

imported post

What caliber? .380, 9mm, or .45? There are a lot of models to choose from.

I recently bought a surplus SIG P6. The commercial model is the 225 I believe. The P6 is a West German police trade in gun. It is an older, 8 round single stack, 9mm that is basically a cut down SIG 220. Sorta like what the Colt Commander is to the 1911. I found one at J&G Sales for $411 total for a "hand select". There are other places that might have it for less but J&G had them in stock ready to ship and I got it in 2 days. They have FFLs on file for most of the dealers around here.

I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a typical cop gun. Carried a lot and shot little. The innards are pristine. There is a little holster wear around the muzzle but that is it. For about half the price of a new 239 I've got what is shaping up to be a great carry piece. It digested everything put through it including some Wolff 9mm. It exhibits typical Sig workmanship and accuracy. The one I have was made around 1971. It has an alloy frame and steel slide.The only down sides so far are the cost of factory mags (~40.00) and the fact it is a single stack in a world of high capacity pistols. However, the plus is, because of the slim magazine, it conceals like a dream. It is very lightweight. My Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster and a leather IWB holster for the 220 both work with it although they are a little long. All in all, if you are looking for a good deal in high quality pistol I can recommend this. It's also kind of cool to have the "little brother" to my 220.

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:
May be living under a bridge for reasons other than homelessness.
You don't know how true that may be, and I do mean literally! sw40g's profile indicates he/she's in the Navy. Are crew quarters often under the ship's bridge?

45acpForMe

imported post

Icetera wrote:
Have one, but you ain't gettin' it! :p
I have a P220 Stainless Elite, and a P220 Carry (45acp). I recommend them very highly with a few notes. 1) For reliabilityP220s have a single stack magazine but that limits them to 8+1. 2) they are not cheap.

I have heard good things about the P250 which can be in all calibers. My complaint with the P250 is that the 45acp double stack magazine only holds 10 rounds. Even my Taurus Pt145 has 10+1 and it fits in my pocket. I was hoping for 13 or more rounds to match the capcity of the XD & Glock 21.

Sigs are easy to clean and very accurate. The P220 Carry is my favorite pistol even though the Stainless Elite is a bit "prettier". :)

The P226 and P229 and P2022 have good reputations also. I like that you can order them in DAO, DA/SA and SA. The short reset trigger is available also.

doug23838