• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlottesville's CBS News 19 video report: gun rights rising issue in Democratic primary

Neplusultra

imported post

From the report;

"Deeds actually got the endorsement of the National Rifle Association four years ago when he ran against Bob McDonnell for Attorney General."

What? How good is McDonnell then???

KBCraig

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
From the report;

"Deeds actually got the endorsement of the National Rifle Association four years ago when he ran against Bob McDonnell for Attorney General."

I think the question you meant to ask is, "What? How worthless is the NRA's endorsement then???"

67GT390FB

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
From the report;

both were rated A or A+ by the NRA Deeds was put over the top for sponsoring the right to hunt amendment to the VA constitution.

But in the put up or shut up scheme of things Mcdonnel completed the VCDL survey this year while Deeds is still a no show, saying his past record should stand for itself.that would be sideways speak for trust me,vote for me, then get screwed by me. deeds the past few years has been trying to get a compromise gun show bill passed so don't call him a strong supporter of our rights.

I'm not endorsing Mcdonnell either though he at least completed the vcdl survey and ent on record stating his support for us.

TexasNative

imported post

It is also noteworthy that McDonnell issued several pro-gun-rights opinions as Attorney General, which are much stronger than mere votes IMO.

~ Boyd

rkbaguy

imported post

It is amazing that the Dems managed to make this year's election all about gun rights.

What a terrible issue to latch onto in a Virginia election!
Do these dunces never learn???

For that blazingly stupid move, I award them the Scorched-Boot Trophy.

bootshotfoot.jpg

PavePusher

imported post

Oooh. That.... could not have been painless... :shock:

rkbaguy wrote:
It is amazing that the Dems managed to make this year's election all about gun rights.

bootshotfoot.jpg

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

rkbaguy wrote:

I dunno, it has seemed to work out well for one Democrat (Deeds) so far.

:)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

rkbaguy wrote:

bootshotfoot.jpg
I guess that's better than the double ox butt award I gave Kaine

normal_IMG_1956-640x480.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
From the report;

both were rated A or A+ by the NRA Deeds was put over the top for sponsoring the right to hunt amendment to the VA constitution.

But in the put up or shut up scheme of things Mcdonnel completed the VCDL survey this year while Deeds is still a no show, saying his past record should stand for itself.that would be sideways speak for trust me,vote for me, then get screwed by me. deeds the past few years has been trying to get a compromise gun show bill passed so don't call him a strong supporter of our rights.

I'm not endorsing Mcdonnell either though he at least completed the vcdl survey and ent on record stating his support for us.
I couldn't say I endorse him either...but he is the best thing we have to work with. Deeds has shown his spots a number of times over the years. This year he came out of the closet.

One thing I am certain of is that if we get the restaurant bill passed again, it won't get vetoed.

hsmith

imported post

peter nap wrote:
67GT390FB wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
From the report;

I couldn't say I endorse him either...but he is the best thing we have to work with. Deeds has shown his spots a number of times over the years. This year he came out of the closet.

One thing I am certain of is that if we get the restaurant bill passed again, it won't get vetoed.

Which will be really interesting... Will it get passed again? If Democrats that voted for it knew it would get vetoed - they could still vote for it and know it wouldn't get anywhere and still "look strong"

I am a cynic.