Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah classes in NOVA?

Post imported post

Well I have 5 months left till I am 21 and it's time for me to sign up for a Utah class. I will be signing up my dad and I. I know proshooter has a couple classes at Bass Pro sometime soon but are there any that may be closer to NOVA? Thanks guys!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Well I have 5 months left till I am 21 and it's time for me to sign up for a Utah class. I will be signing up my dad and I. I know proshooter has a couple classes at Bass Pro sometime soon but are there any that may be closer to NOVA? Thanks guys!
    Only 5 months till the big day huh? I just took the Utah class myself in Colonial Heights at a small shop called The Smoking Gun. I'll PM you with some details.

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Only 5 months till the big day huh? I just took the Utah class myself in Colonial Heights at a small shop called The Smoking Gun. I'll PM you with some details.
    That is even further in the wrong direction :P

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

We routinely have numerous people make the trip from Maryland and beyond. I dont think it will be as long of a drive as you think. Ashland isnt all that far from NOVA. OUr next Utah class is just a week away.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Pourshot does a class and he's in Stafford: http://www.4permits.com/

I attended his basic pistol class when he was still doing it at Shooters and it was excellent. I've been meaning to take the Utah one from him...

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Nova classes at http://www.learntoshoot.com tell Ron I said to give you 10% off. :-)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Nova classes at http://www.learntoshoot.com tell Ron I said to give you 10% off. :-)
    The link doesn't appear to work, think they didn't pay thier domain fee I know of a couple of people in NoVA that are interested in a UT Class.

Post imported post

Here are our Utah permit class dates, for the rest of the year, if anyone is interested. All classes are from 10am - 4pm.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunday, July 19, 2009
    Saturday, August 1, 2009
    Saturday, September 5, 2009
    Sunday, October 11, 2009
    Saturday, November 7, 2009
    Sunday, December 13, 2009

******register for classeshere******
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    Here are our Utah permit class dates, for the rest of the year, if anyone is interested. All classes are from 10am - 4pm.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunday, July 19, 2009
    Saturday, August 1, 2009
    Saturday, September 5, 2009
    Sunday, October 11, 2009
    Saturday, November 7, 2009
    Sunday, December 13, 2009

******register for classeshere******
    That helps A TON! I'll talk with my dad and find out when he wants to go

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

If learn2shoot.org is down, try e-mailing Bill at learn2shoot@gmail.com. I know he holds classes in Fredericksburg from time to time, but I'm not sure where else he does. He lives in NOVA, tho.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Ok.. typo alert.. I screwed up.. here is RONS site:

http://helpmeshoot.com/
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Next Sunday...(Stafford)

www.4permits.com

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Ah. Learn2shoot@discovershooting.net is Bill's other e-mail addy. I let other responses confuse me.

The web site is http://www.discovershooting.net
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

+1 forBruce T. Jackson (4permits@4permits.com) who is a great Instructer and a member of the VCDL who will treat you right. http://www.4permits.com/
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Post imported post

HeroHog wrote:
    +1 forBruce T. Jackson (4permits@4permits.com) who is a great Instructer and a member of the VCDL who will treat you right. http://www.4permits.com/
    +1 for Bruce too except that the OP asked for a class in NOVA.

I know two NOVA guys that are both excellent. They are the websites posted.

Ron at http://helpmeshoot.com/

Bill at http://www.discovershooting.net
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    +1 for Bruce too except that the OP asked for a class in NOVA.

I know it does not seem like it, but NOVA is Stafford (exit 143)and above. It used to be Lorton (exit 161)and anything south was the boonies, but it keeps moving further out. Now, you are hearing Massaponax (exit 126) included in some conversations.

Do you feel like you are in LA yet where the suburbs are considered part of the city for 1000 miles out?

Post imported post

It's all good information to have. I live in NOVA, but wouldn't even consider going to Stafford for a class unless it was the only one around. OTOH, there may be folks down that way, who are also in NOVA, who wouldn't come up to Chantilly where there are regular classes.

It's good to have all the information so folks can decide what works best for them.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Funny - there is a group of instructors that teach in Chantilly and I have driven up there to help them out on occasion.

Anything for gun rights!!:celebrate

Post imported post

Exactly my point, Bruce. If we have all the information that's out there, then we can decide what fits our situation the best.

Personally, I have no need or desire for a Utah permit, so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Post imported post

the fingerprint requirement is what keeps me from getting a Utah (or any other permit that requires it). I'm not a criminal and will not be fingerprinted as such. Just a personal issue for me.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    the fingerprint requirement is what keeps me from getting a Utah (or any other permit that requires it). I'm not a criminal and will not be fingerprinted as such.
    We will just get them off some of the young college chicks that attend GMU. :-)
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    the fingerprint requirement is what keeps me from getting a Utah (or any other permit that requires it). I'm not a criminal and will not be fingerprinted as such. Just a personal issue for me.
    You get fingerprinted on an FBI applicant card, just like if you were getting a security sensitive job. I dont think its all that big of a deal, but to each his own.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    nova wrote:
    You get fingerprinted on an FBI applicant card, just like if you were getting a security sensitive job. I dont think its all that big of a deal, but to each his own.
    The older I get the more I wish I had never had them taken. Just another government intrusion that is not needed....

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    nova wrote:
    the fingerprint requirement is what keeps me from getting a Utah (or any other permit that requires it). I'm not a criminal and will not be fingerprinted as such.
    Oh crap! Oh well was worth it. If anyone's been around the GMU campus they'd agree :P:celebrate

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    ed wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Oh crap! Oh well was worth it. If anyone's been around the GMU campus they'd agree :P:celebrate
    Maybe it's the fact that you are under 21? (OK OK so am I haha)

Nova- I almost went to a party at GMU this weekend but we ended up at Ibiza in DC instead:celebrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast