• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah classes in NOVA?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Well I have 5 months left till I am 21 and it's time for me to sign up for a Utah class. I will be signing up my dad and I. I know proshooter has a couple classes at Bass Pro sometime soon but are there any that may be closer to NOVA? Thanks guys!

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Well I have 5 months left till I am 21 and it's time for me to sign up for a Utah class. I will be signing up my dad and I. I know proshooter has a couple classes at Bass Pro sometime soon but are there any that may be closer to NOVA? Thanks guys!
Only 5 months till the big day huh? I just took the Utah class myself in Colonial Heights at a small shop called The Smoking Gun. I'll PM you with some details.

Icetera

Richmond - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Only 5 months till the big day huh? I just took the Utah class myself in Colonial Heights at a small shop called The Smoking Gun. I'll PM you with some details.
That is even further in the wrong direction :p

CRF250rider1000

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Here are our Utah permit class dates, for the rest of the year, if anyone is interested. All classes are from 10am - 4pm.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sunday, July 19, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009

******register for classeshere******
That helps A TON! I'll talk with my dad and find out when he wants to go:)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If learn2shoot.org is down, try e-mailing Bill at learn2shoot@gmail.com. I know he holds classes in Fredericksburg from time to time, but I'm not sure where else he does. He lives in NOVA, tho.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:

Next Sunday...(Stafford)

www.4permits.com

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
+1 for Bruce too except that the OP asked for a class in NOVA.

I know it does not seem like it, but NOVA is Stafford (exit 143)and above. It used to be Lorton (exit 161)and anything south was the boonies, but it keeps moving further out. Now, you are hearing Massaponax (exit 126) included in some conversations.

Do you feel like you are in LA yet where the suburbs are considered part of the city for 1000 miles out?

TexasNative

imported post

It's all good information to have. I live in NOVA, but wouldn't even consider going to Stafford for a class unless it was the only one around. OTOH, there may be folks down that way, who are also in NOVA, who wouldn't come up to Chantilly where there are regular classes.

It's good to have all the information so folks can decide what works best for them.

~ Boyd

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Funny - there is a group of instructors that teach in Chantilly and I have driven up there to help them out on occasion.

Anything for gun rights!!:celebrate

TexasNative

imported post

Exactly my point, Bruce. If we have all the information that's out there, then we can decide what fits our situation the best.

Personally, I have no need or desire for a Utah permit, so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

nova

imported post

the fingerprint requirement is what keeps me from getting a Utah (or any other permit that requires it). I'm not a criminal and will not be fingerprinted as such. Just a personal issue for me.:)