• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What type of Ammo to you Carry?

What ammo to you carry in you gun?

• FMJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JHP

• Hydra - Shocks

• Shotshell

• Frangible

• Powerball

• Tungsten Nytrilium

• Tracers

• Other

• Total voters

dac844

imported post

What type of ammo to you carry weather it be OC or CC?

If you put "Other" let us know, i couldn't think of any other types, but i know i probably missed some.

I know that there are some choices that noone whould ever carry, tracers for instance, but you never know.

mobeewan

imported post

Can't vote. No multiple choice.

Winchester Ranger RA45T in the pipe.

(11 rnd Mag) in gun - Winchester Ranger RA45T odd numbered rounds. Glazer Safety Slugs even numbered rounds.

First spare (also 11 rnd)- Winchester Ranger RA45T odd numbered rounds. Glazer Safety Slugs even numbered rounds.

Second spare mag (12 rnds) - All Winchester FMJ White box.

chiefjason

imported post

The one in the pipe and the first in the mag are .45 Hornady Tap HP's, 2 FMJ's, 2 HP's, and last is FMJ. Figure if the first two don't do the job because of clothing, doors, or other obstructions the next 2 FMJ will do the trick. Hollow points are not always theonly answer!

dac844

imported post

yea i have 5 frangible, Extreme Shock, followed by 5 Federal Hydra shocks....

reason for the frangible', i live in a apartment, with very very thin walls, I'm looking out for the neighbors, pretty sure that they wouldn't be to happy with bullet holes in there walls, but after the first five rounds, all bets are off.

N00blet45

imported post

Right now it's .45 230 gr JHP +P, that's the load in when I'm carrying usually. I'll probably expend those rounds soon though and go back to FMJ/SWC.

I've always had some doubts about JHP ever since I started thinking about what's on the inside of the human body. Sure JHP works good when it hits soft tissue, but how does it work on bone? Does it punch through, does it bounce off, or does it get stuck?

ElectricTurtle

imported post

.45 ACP Magtech 185 grain BJHP +P

Chosen because they are faster and deliver more force to the target than anything by Federal, Speer, or any brand whose ballistics I know.

colt45ws

imported post

Right now I have WWB 9mm 147gr. JHP as it was all I could acquire. Now that I am 21, I just purchased some DoubleTap 9mm +P 124gr JHP. We shall see if they will function correctly.

Flintlock

imported post

Double Tap's 9mm+P 124 grain Bonded Defense.

1295fps / 462 ft. lbs. with the weapon I carry.

Walleye

imported post

Remington Golden Saber 147gr 9mm. All I could find and all I could afford. Can't seem to find much in the way of defensive rounds these days. :(

Legba

imported post

For work, I use 124gr 9mm Remington Golden Sabers. For play, I use cheap dirty mil-surp of whatever make.

-ljp

prcE6

imported post

9mm - Win PDX1 bonded

.45 - Hydrashocks (first 5 rounds) followed by some generic JHP's

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Walleye wrote:
Remington Golden Saber 147gr 9mm. All I could find and all I could afford. Can't seem to find much in the way of defensive rounds these days. :(

Nothing wrong with those. Golden Sabers are one of the better defensive rounds out there.

Legba

imported post

I prefer Golden Sabers over most other hollow-points - they have a rounder end and are less likely to hang up on a ramp. I had a $500 gun that failed to feed Hydra-Shocks reliably. Oops.

-ljp