Another question (Glovebox clause)? I have read and read and cannot find any wording that says you can trasport a gun in a glovebox or in your center consol or even under your seat in a container of somesort. I dont see any probs with this but im a noob so I wanna be clear on this.
You don't say if the gun being transported is loaded or unloaded, nor do you say if you have an Ohio Concealed Handgun License.
Only those with a concealed handgun license can transport a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle here in Ohio. Unlike some other states, there is no legal way for an unlicensed person to transport a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle.
The law says the loaded handgun must be transported in certain specific ways:
1. In a holster on your person.
2. Glovebox or vehicle console.
3. Locked case which need not be in plain sight.
4. Unlocked case having a closing mechanism such as a zipper or clasp which MUST be in plain sight.
There are a number of ways to become more familiar with Ohio firearm laws.
1. Read the Attorney General Handbook available here:
2. Read the actual laws:
3. There are two Ohio attorneys that sell books explaining Ohio firearm laws: