• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parade Magazine laments gun rights progress - keep hitting htis poll!

Deanimator

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
The fundamental problem with people who are opposed to Americans owning and carrying arms is this. They believe that if there isn't a gun present, then no one will be killed. What they purposely ignore is the fact that if there were severe restrictions on guns, a lot fewer good people would be without a means of protection, but the BGs would continue to have firepower at their disposal.
Either their belief isn't true, or my godsister isn't really dead, stabbed to death by her boyfriend.

If I had to bet, I'd say they're full of crap.

KS_to_CA

imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
We are not alone. We are legion. From freerepublic.com:

"Thanks for all of your support. This is the sort of result that drives the anti-freedom types crazy and gains respect among the politicians.
An internet poll is not scientific, but it does measure political intensity, that quality of numbers times importance, or drive.
Here you have a poll rigged from the start with anti-freedom premises, bias, and assumptions, yet the intensity measure comes out as nine to one against the proposal, and for freedom.
Thank you all. The poll is now at 90% yes! "
Some people would only listen to what they want to listen to, even though it is not the truth. And they interpret everything else as "not the truth".

Remember North Korea and the Nazi Germany? Precisely!

Enoch Root

imported post

:D

Gun Laws Soften Despite Violence
More than 11,500 are murdered with guns each year. What do you think? Read the story »

Should states loosen restrictions on guns?
Yes
No

Should states loosen restrictions on guns?

Yes 93%
No 7%
spacer.gif

suntzu

imported post

Mike wrote:
Article: http://www.parade.com/news/intelligence-report/archive/despite-recent-violence-gun-laws-are-softening.html

Poll: http://www.parade.com

--
POLLResults this morning:

Gun Laws Soften Despite Violence
More than 11,500 are murdered with guns each year. What do you think? Read the story »

Thank you for voting!
Yes 66%
spacer.gif
No 34%
spacer.gif
Well, I guarantee you that a rapist would think twice--maybe three times before trying to rape a woman who has a gun trained on them...better to have and not need a gun, than to need and not have it.

the author of that article in Parade is a liberal who must depend on others with guns to protect her--she is a hypocrite--because when she gets into trouble she will dial 911 and people with big guns that go bang will come to her defense because she is either unwilling to do so, or just too cowardly to do so...

hypocrites are so interesting to watch....

8th ID

imported post

I voted!

Yes 93%

No 7%

WOW!!! I love how MOST of the Hollywood Elite want more restrictive gun laws, but are the same ones who have ARMED bodyguards. It's OK for them to be protected, but it's not OK for the rest of us to protect ourselves:cuss:

suntzu

imported post

8th ID wrote:
I voted!

Yes 93%

No 7%

WOW!!! I love how MOST of the Hollywood Elite want more restrictive gun laws, but are the same ones who have ARMED bodyguards. It's OK for them to be protected, but it's not OK for the rest of us to protect ourselves:cuss:
but you just got to love their liberal viewpoint of strip everyone else except the "elite of society"--because only we, the elite of society are worthy, while we let the peasants fend for themselves with only rocks....

I say that a liberal who wants to strip the people of their rights to keep and bear arms, should also be willing to strip law enforcement and the military of all of their guns as well--and I mean ALL of their guns--that way we can ALL be on the same level playing field and go back to bows and arrows and rocks and spears and swords...

Tex

imported post

Not that we need the help at this point, but if you exit the poll screen, clear your cookies, and re-enter, you can vote again!!!! Kinda like reverse ACORN. I don't use Internet Exploder, so I don't know how hard it is to do with them, but on Mozilla it is toooo simple.

Way to go American Freedom loving public, 94% to 7%, I think that qualifies as a skunk.

8th ID

imported post

Yeah, I looked at Parade this morning-it comes with our Sunday paper. I noticed that the poll results were left out of the article-nice omission:cuss:Well, I guess if they put the results in, people might see a glimpse of the REAL U.S. and not just the far left of New York and Los Angeles.

8th ID

imported post

OK, theParade article says, "More than 11,500 murders with guns each year." Well, I looked up the stats, and one would have to go back to 1995 to have these numbers be correct. 2007 murders with guns-10,086. And when anti-gun people speak about regulation, the safety of children always comes up: So, let's take a look at those numbers. All these numbers are for children from birth to 14 in 2007: Gun deaths-67, Drowning-830, Choking/airway obstruction-873, Car related-1400 (1/2 were not restrained-parental negligence?), Poisoning-100, Cycling-140.

Why is it that all other child deaths are considered "accidents" and gun deaths are not? No answer needed:cuss:Typical lies...not one bit surprising...

suntzu

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
94% Yes

6% No

Of course all deaths by gun are MURDERS to them. What about the thugs shot in mid-crime? Where is that stat?
I can argue, just as easily as Parade can that the 11,000+ gun related deaths that they claim in their lop-sided article are either (a)criminals preying on innocent victims, (b) victims fighting back against the criminals or (c) a combination of both plus a few accidental shootings here and there by people who have no idea how to handle or treat a gun....

to them every gun related death is a murder--but who is committing the murder--CRIMINALS.....they just never tell you that little tidbit...

not that I believe their stats anyway

PatMcCotter

Opt-Out Members
imported post

suntzu wrote:
I can argue, just as easily as Parade can that the 11,000+ gun related deaths that they claim in their lop-sided article are either (a)criminals preying on innocent victims, (b) victims fighting back against the criminals or (c) a combination of both plus a few accidental shootings here and there by people who have no idea how to handle or treat a gun....

to them every gun related death is a murder--but who is committing the murder--CRIMINALS.....they just never tell you that little tidbit...

You forgot the criminals shooting the rival criminals and the police shooting the criminals. Sometimes these are included in the stats of violent gun deaths.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

goinveg wrote:
suntzu wrote:

You forgot the criminals shooting the rival criminals and the police shooting the criminals. Sometimes these are included in the stats of violent gun deaths.
Yeah, have you noticed that when ever they present stats that they rarely site their sources? And when they do, we find that they inflate the numbers.

CommonMan101

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
goinveg wrote:
suntzu wrote:

Yeah, have you noticed that when ever they present stats that they rarely site their sources? And when they do, we find that they inflate the numbers.
Maybe because it would show how guns are used for good? Can't have that happen...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have never seen, but really want to see, the percentage of all firearms violence (as they call it) committed year to year by persons prohibited possession of a firearm under current law.