• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harbor Freight in Orem

rpyne

imported post

I just got home from a trip to Harbor Freight in Orem. No one said anything or seemed to notice I was OCing until I got to the checkout stand.

The young lady (19) at the checkout noticed and asked me if I had a permit. I explained, much to her surprise and delight, that no permit is required to Open Carry in Utah as long as it is unloaded and explained what unloaded meant in Utah.

She told me that she was glad to learn that as her father had given her a handgun and pepper spray for her birthday and she wanted to carry but wasn't old enough to get a concealed permit.

I gave her a copy of the Utah Gun Law pamphlet and she thanked me. As I was leaving, I heard her ask the woman in line behind me if she knew that it didn't require a permit to openly carry a gun in Utah to which the woman answered "yes".

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I have been in that particular store periodically over the last year each time open carrying. Once I was wearing a GOA type t-shirt.... The one that says "It is a Right Not a privilege". The employee helping me load my purchases into my truck made a comment about the t-shirt... NOT ABOUT THE Kimber 1911 on my hip open carry.
His comment was that he liked the shirt!

MudPounder

Banned
imported post

did you throw down the OC Bible and dance a jig?

that is how some religions do it!

thx997303

imported post

What is this OC bible that you speak of?

And what are you calling a religion?

And why do you post on this site?