Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: Idiot pulls knife on liquor store clerk..

  1. #1
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    ....yep, you guessed it -- idiot robber got shot....:shock: It happened in Phoenix:

    http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...oting0606.html

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    363

    Post imported post

    Good Guy 1

    Bad Guy 0



    Always liked Happy Endings :celebrate

  3. #3
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

  4. #4
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    GWbiker wrote:
    ....yep, you guessed it -- idiot robber got shot....:shock: It happened in Phoenix:

    http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...oting0606.html

    I reckon no one will be criticizing the poor reporting or lack of details in that article. It reads fine just the way it is!

    In trying to find more details about the above referenced incident, I came across another recentliquor store robbery. Apparently these fellows were not idiots.Luck of the draw, I guess. No pun intended, but upon reflection it might be applicable. Unhappy ending on this one.

    I would not work in a late night liquor store...way too dangerous.



    Clerk hurt in liquor store robbery
    Published By Times Herald
    Posted:06/06/2009 01:00:45 AM PDT

    Police are seeking three suspects who allegedly struck a liquor store clerk during an armed robbery at a South Vallejo liquor store Thursday night.

    At about 10 p.m., three men armed with a rifle and two handguns entered the M&M Market on the 700 block of Sonoma Boulevard.

    The suspects brandished their weapons at the two clerks, hitting one with the butt of his rifle, police said. No customers were in the store at the time, but a man outside saw them in the store and called police, officers said.

    The suspects, described as black males 18 to 25 years old, wearing dark hoodies, made off with cash, police said.

    The clerk who was hit suffered a cut on his head, police said.

    http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_...ce=most_viewed




  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.

  6. #6
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Count wrote:
    All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.
    You're suggesting that we should start shooting "all burglars?" That's an interesting idea. Kind a of general solution of some kind, eh?

    How would this be done? Why?

    And what would happen if we did shoot "all burglars?"


    Note: There are about2.1 million burglaries annually in the U.S.



  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    Ted Nugent told us in Houston at the NRA annual convention to shoot all burglars, robbers and rapists. In Texas it is legal and I think it is not just your right it is your civic duty to safely take out these criminals where allowed by law.

  8. #8
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Count wrote:
    Ted Nugent told us in Houston at the NRA annual convention to shoot all burglars, robbers and rapists. In Texas it is legal and I think it is not just your right it is your civic duty to safely take out these criminals where allowed by law.
    Is your answer to the "Why?" that ole Nuge said so?


    How would this be done?

    And what would happen if we did shoot "all burglars?"

    Give us your thoughts.



  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    After the first 100 or so you would see an almost complete stop to all burglaries....you're not feeling sorry for them or buying the statist's argument that burglaries are just property crime?....

  10. #10
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Count wrote:
    After the first 100 or so you would see an almost complete stop to all burglaries....
    So, your considered opinion is that we should shoot 100 or so burglars and that would stopall burglaries?

    Should we shoot these burglars once, twice....how many times?

    Shoot them in the head, chest, arms, what? After they are shot, do we take them to the hospital? Or let them bleed out? Do we let someone else take them to the hospital? Do we shoot them again?

    Is shooting enough? Or do they need to die after the shooting?

    Will you be the first to shoot one? If not, why not?

    I don't think you've thought this thing through, Count. I just don't think you've thought this through. Didn't the Nuge go over this stuff with you?

  11. #11
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    You are too compassionate for criminals... Ever since the Castle doctrine passed in Texas every week or so in the Metroplex some home owner or business owner shoots a burglar or robber. None are going to jail anymore and all are getting quickly no billed. Result: violent crime in most of these cities down about 20%. Cops would like to think it is because of them (I'm one of them).... Just don't do the William Shatner right knee, left knee or whatever that funny thing was....ammo is too expensive to waste it like that.

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    ....and Nuge is always right!!!

  13. #13
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Count wrote:
    Ever since the Castle doctrine passed in Texas every week or so in the Metroplex some home owner or business owner shoots a burglar or robber. None are going to jail anymore and all are getting quickly no billed. Result: violent crime in most of these cities down about 20%.
    That was passed a little over 2 years ago. If Texans are shooting these guys every week or so as you state, shouldn't we have gotten up to the "first 100 or so" you claim will result in "an almost complete stop to all burglaries" by now?

    Yet, only some (most) cities are down by only 20%?????

    What about the other cities? Shouldn't we be down to close to zero?

    Again, Count, I don't think you've thought this thing through very well. In fact, I don't think you've thought it through at all...

    And it shows. So, good luck in selling your idea:

    All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.


    I just don't think you will be able to convince any reasonable people to implement your idea. Do you?

    BTW, how much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    Current law provides civil immunity. How about go one step further: financial reward by state. Victim's assistance already provides huge amount to victims of different crimes. If you are the victim of a burglar or robber you should get increased financial assistance if you eliminated the problem. The operative word is eliminated. And yes I do know a lot of people who feel the same, including many in law enforcement. I know it is hard to get over the brainwashing of the American public education system. I understand the NEA infected the minds of many in placing blame or compassion....however the NUGE is always right. Ted Nugent for President. Just sick of compassionate people like Bush or ever caring and feeling messiahs like O.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    and when the Alabama attorney general in the 90's promised to not prosecute anyone for a period of time, if they shoot an intruder, the crime dropped by 60% .... it works again and again....you almost sound like a government worker....excuses and reasons why you shouldn't try new and reasonable ideas!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    274

    Post imported post

    HankT - what are you getting at here? It appears to me that Count made a statement based on the prior posts. Was the confusion based on the financial award portion of his statment?

  17. #17
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Ihope you never have a deadly confrontation Hank... 'cause I really doubt you could pull the bang switch.

    It's like this... if you KILL a robber... there is no recetivism. The more robbers killed... the less robberies. If killed in significant numbers... word gets around. Robbers seek other means of support. They get out of the robber racket. Some may move to New Jersey and become politicians.

  18. #18
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Count wrote:
    Current law provides civil immunity. How about go one step further: financial reward by state. Victim's assistance already provides huge amount to victims of different crimes. If you are the victim of a burglar or robber you should get increased financial assistance if you eliminated the problem. The operative word is eliminated. And yes I do know a lot of people who feel the same, including many in law enforcement. I know it is hard to get over the brainwashing of the American public education system. I understand the NEA infected the minds of many in placing blame or compassion....however the NUGE is always right. Ted Nugent for President. Just sick of compassionate people like Bush or ever caring and feeling messiahs like O.
    How much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    453

    Post imported post

    Could someone post a payout schedule for Hank to make him happy?

  20. #20
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    Count wrote:
    Current law provides civil immunity. How about go one step further: financial reward by state. Victim's assistance already provides huge amount to victims of different crimes. If you are the victim of a burglar or robber you should get increased financial assistance if you eliminated the problem. The operative word is eliminated. And yes I do know a lot of people who feel the same, including many in law enforcement. I know it is hard to get over the brainwashing of the American public education system. I understand the NEA infected the minds of many in placing blame or compassion....however the NUGE is always right. Ted Nugent for President. Just sick of compassionate people like Bush or ever caring and feeling messiahs like O.
    How much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?
    Half of whatever it would cost to incarcerate the now dead perp on a monthy schedule for the duration of the maximum sentance that would have been imposed for the crime. Death and Life being the same amount. Howzat? Vigilante Incentive Reward Program

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,098

    Post imported post

    Umm, I bet that the number would... umm... go down?

    HankT wrote:
    Count wrote:
    All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.
    You're suggesting that we should start shooting "all burglars?" That's an interesting idea. Kind a of general solution of some kind, eh?

    How would this be done? Why?

    And what would happen if we did shoot "all burglars?"


    Note: There are about2.1 million burglaries annually in the U.S.


  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Honestly, I think it's a mistake to encourage anybody to "kill" anybody else. Wouldn't it be sufficient to encourage people to defend themselves whenever their lives are threatened?

    FWIW, I would never support such a bounty system. That's not my idea of a civil society.

  23. #23
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    Honestly, I think it's a mistake to encourage anybody to "kill" anybody else. Wouldn't it be sufficient to encourage people to defend themselves whenever their lives are threatened?

    FWIW, I would never support such a bounty system. That's not my idea of a civil society.
    I agree completely. It's a proposed system based on bloodlust more than reason or facts.

    But, techically , Count didn't suggest killing the burglars. He suggested shooting them:

    Count wrote:
    All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.
    I asked him how many times they should be shot and whether they should be killed. But he's like a government official with a new policy--he wants the details to be secret.

    Honestly, I don't think he's thought his idea through. I think he may have just blurted out a simplistic idea and now just wants to back off from it. I mean, who could reasonably support changing the laws of the land to pay "financial awards" for shooting all burglars?

    Nobody, really...







  24. #24
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    Count wrote:
    Current law provides civil immunity. How about go one step further: financial reward by state. Victim's assistance already provides huge amount to victims of different crimes. If you are the victim of a burglar or robber you should get increased financial assistance if you eliminated the problem.
    How much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?
    Half of whatever it would cost to incarcerate the now dead perp on a monthy schedule for the duration of the maximum sentance that would have been imposed for the crime. Death and Life being the same amount. Howzat? Vigilante Incentive Reward Program
    Numbers, Son. Numbers.... How much?

    Make your case.

    Here's a burglary case example.

    How much for shooting this burglar?



    Man thwarts 2nd-time burglar
    Ripon homeowner takes down burglar with gun

    June 1, 2009

    (RIPON, Wis.) -- This Town of Ripon homeowner was craftier than the armed burglar trying to rob his house.

    Fond du Lac County Sheriff's Department officials say the homeowner held a 23-year-old man attempting to steal cash, firearms and other items by gunpoint until police arrived around 1:20 a.m. Friday.

    Lt. Bill Flood says the homeowner saw lights on in his house, crept into his driveway, retrieved a handgun and waited for the burglar to come out.

    Ripon police and sheriff's deputies arrested the victim's 24-year-old girlfriend in a nearby vehicle. Officials say she dropped him off.
    Story continues belowAdvertisement

    About a week ago, Flood says the same burglar allegedly robbed the house a first time, taking cash and small engines.

    http://webapp.abclocal.go.com/wls/st...amp;id=6841862

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    274

    Post imported post

    I wonder if you gave the homeowner say $1,000.00 for capture of, or shooting of bad guy on your property, how many bad guys would be willing to assault your property? What if bad guy had stolen/robbed/raped others...maybe the reward should be the result...i.e. Bad guy robbed three houses - reward for you would be 1K X 3= 3K? Interesting thought.

    Marshaul - are you saying there is a difference of self defense shooting of bad guyon your property vs. encouraging people to shoot to kill abad guy assaultingyour property? When you shoot, do you not shoot to kill? When you pull your gun, do you not pull to use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •