• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idiot pulls knife on liquor store clerk..

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
....yep, you guessed it -- idiot robber got shot....:shock: It happened in Phoenix:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/06/06/20090606shooting0606.html

I reckon no one will be criticizing the poor reporting or lack of details in that article. It reads fine just the way it is! :)

In trying to find more details about the above referenced incident, I came across another recentliquor store robbery. Apparently these fellows were not idiots.Luck of the draw, I guess. No pun intended, but upon reflection it might be applicable. Unhappy ending on this one.

I would not work in a late night liquor store...way too dangerous.

Clerk hurt in liquor store robbery
Published By Times Herald
Posted:06/06/2009 01:00:45 AM PDT

Police are seeking three suspects who allegedly struck a liquor store clerk during an armed robbery at a South Vallejo liquor store Thursday night.

At about 10 p.m., three men armed with a rifle and two handguns entered the M&M Market on the 700 block of Sonoma Boulevard.

The suspects brandished their weapons at the two clerks, hitting one with the butt of his rifle, police said. No customers were in the store at the time, but a man outside saw them in the store and called police, officers said.

The suspects, described as black males 18 to 25 years old, wearing dark hoodies, made off with cash, police said.

The clerk who was hit suffered a cut on his head, police said.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_12534735?source=most_viewed

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Count wrote:
All burglars and robbers should be shot!.... State laws should provide financial awards to citizens thinning the criminal herd.
You're suggesting that we should start shooting "all burglars?" That's an interesting idea. Kind a of general solution of some kind, eh?

How would this be done? Why?

And what would happen if we did shoot "all burglars?"

Note: There are about2.1 million burglaries annually in the U.S.

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ted Nugent told us in Houston at the NRA annual convention to shoot all burglars, robbers and rapists. In Texas it is legal and I think it is not just your right it is your civic duty to safely take out these criminals where allowed by law.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Count wrote:
Ted Nugent told us in Houston at the NRA annual convention to shoot all burglars, robbers and rapists. In Texas it is legal and I think it is not just your right it is your civic duty to safely take out these criminals where allowed by law.
Is your answer to the "Why?" that ole Nuge said so?

How would this be done?

And what would happen if we did shoot "all burglars?"

Give us your thoughts.

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

After the first 100 or so you would see an almost complete stop to all burglaries....you're not feeling sorry for them or buying the statist's argument that burglaries are just property crime?....

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Count wrote:
After the first 100 or so you would see an almost complete stop to all burglaries....

So, your considered opinion is that we should shoot 100 or so burglars and that would stopall burglaries?

Should we shoot these burglars once, twice....how many times?

Shoot them in the head, chest, arms, what? After they are shot, do we take them to the hospital? Or let them bleed out? Do we let someone else take them to the hospital? Do we shoot them again?

Is shooting enough? Or do they need to die after the shooting?

Will you be the first to shoot one? If not, why not?

I don't think you've thought this thing through, Count. I just don't think you've thought this through. Didn't the Nuge go over this stuff with you?

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You are too compassionate for criminals... Ever since the Castle doctrine passed in Texas every week or so in the Metroplex some home owner or business owner shoots a burglar or robber. None are going to jail anymore and all are getting quickly no billed. Result: violent crime in most of these cities down about 20%. Cops would like to think it is because of them (I'm one of them).... Just don't do the William Shatner right knee, left knee or whatever that funny thing was....ammo is too expensive to waste it like that.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Count wrote:
Ever since the Castle doctrine passed in Texas every week or so in the Metroplex some home owner or business owner shoots a burglar or robber. None are going to jail anymore and all are getting quickly no billed. Result: violent crime in most of these cities down about 20%.

That was passed a little over 2 years ago. If Texans are shooting these guys every week or so as you state, shouldn't we have gotten up to the "first 100 or so" you claim will result in "an almost complete stop to all burglaries" by now?

Yet, only some (most) cities are down by only 20%?????

What about the other cities? Shouldn't we be down to close to zero?

Again, Count, I don't think you've thought this thing through very well. In fact, I don't think you've thought it through at all...

And it shows. So, good luck in selling your idea:

I just don't think you will be able to convince any reasonable people to implement your idea. Do you?

BTW, how much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Current law provides civil immunity. How about go one step further: financial reward by state. Victim's assistance already provides huge amount to victims of different crimes. If you are the victim of a burglar or robber you should get increased financial assistance if you eliminated the problem. The operative word is eliminated. And yes I do know a lot of people who feel the same, including many in law enforcement. I know it is hard to get over the brainwashing of the American public education system. I understand the NEA infected the minds of many in placing blame or compassion....however the NUGE is always right. Ted Nugent for President. Just sick of compassionate people like Bush or ever caring and feeling messiahs like O.

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

and when the Alabama attorney general in the 90's promised to not prosecute anyone for a period of time, if they shoot an intruder, the crime dropped by 60% .... it works again and again....you almost sound like a government worker....excuses and reasons why you shouldn't try new and reasonable ideas!

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

HankT - what are you getting at here? It appears to me that Count made a statement based on the prior posts. Was the confusion based on the financial award portion of his statment?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Ihope you never have a deadly confrontation Hank... 'cause I really doubt you could pull the bang switch.

It's like this... if you KILL a robber... there is no recetivism. The more robbers killed... the less robberies. If killed in significant numbers... word gets around. Robbers seek other means of support. They get out of the robber racket. Some may move to New Jersey and become politicians.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Count wrote:
Current law provides civil immunity. How about go one step further: financial reward by state. Victim's assistance already provides huge amount to victims of different crimes. If you are the victim of a burglar or robber you should get increased financial assistance if you eliminated the problem. The operative word is eliminated. And yes I do know a lot of people who feel the same, including many in law enforcement. I know it is hard to get over the brainwashing of the American public education system. I understand the NEA infected the minds of many in placing blame or compassion....however the NUGE is always right. Ted Nugent for President. Just sick of compassionate people like Bush or ever caring and feeling messiahs like O.
How much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Could someone post a payout schedule for Hank to make him happy?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:
Count wrote:
How much should the "financial awards" be? What would the payment schedule look like?
Half of whatever it would cost to incarcerate the now dead perp on a monthy schedule for the duration of the maximum sentance that would have been imposed for the crime. Death and Life being the same amount. Howzat? Vigilante Incentive Reward Program