• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish County Parks

5jeffro7

imported post

greetings, all.

I'm new to the forum, and am seriously considering OC'ing, even though I'm long-time CPL holder.

I'm currently weighing the options as I've cruurently got over 14K in attorney bills for a divorce & wouldn't be able to buy a fart out of a paper bag should my freedom(s) be removed (if even temporarily) for OC'ing. Honestly, if I could afford the criminal part (I'm sure that I could find an attorney for the civil part (if warranted) that would take it on a contingency basis; however, I really don't think that defending ones self would be the prudent thing to do.

I have been reading & researching OC through this forum for a couple months. I remembered seeing a sign at Martha Lake Park (Snohomish county park) stating that posession of firearms is illegal in Sno. Cty. Parks:

22.16.090 (Snohomish County Code) Weapons and fireworks. [/b]

No person shall possess or discharge any firearm, bow and arrow, air or gas weapon, slingshot, fireworks or explosive in any county park except at times and in areas specifically designated by the parks division and posted for such use.

After giving things some consideration, I decided to chat with one of the park rangers Friday evening. I presented him with a sheet that I'd copied both the SCC as well as RCW 9.41.290, and the gun rights tri-fold pamphlet. the first thing he said when done reading is, "from what this says, that the SCC banning firearms in parks is repealed & that it's ok, according to STATE LAW to carry in a park" . He also stated that he was going to run it by his supervisor & let him know what he'd learned.

Although the rangers are up to speed (or are acting so to be complacent & not get into an argument, my concern is the Deputies that would more than likely respond to an OC call. FROM EXPERIENCE, I have found SCSO deputies to be fairly inept at their jobs & wouldn't be a bit surprised that if an OC picnic were held, there would be a lot of silver bracelets being given to the picnic'ers

If I could be guaranteed either no jail, or in the case of ending up in jail, RELIABLE representation, I'd be willing to show up to an OC at the park...but I'm still weighing my options.

In the event that an OC picnic is held there & we can do it on the 2nd or 4th weekend of the month (child issues on other weekends), I could more than likely be talked into attending.

Awesome forum & I've already learned a lot

Jeff

5jeffro7

imported post

thankss for the welcome.

After my daughter went home, I got bored & went fishing at Martha Lake..figured "in for a penny, in for a pound", so decided to arm myself with several of the pamphlets & went OC'ing at the same time.

Not really anything to report, a gentleman came out with his son, made the comment that, "its nice to see someone that knows it's legal to open carry in the state". Park ranger came out & never said a word..although I'm not sure he saw it & I'm not about to go announcing it just to be seen.

all in all a relaxing & totally uneventful day.

Plus, I've been thinking.....maybe my initial apprehension was more of a "fear of the unknown" and was mentally blowing things out of proportion.....being paranoid. Although some care and caution is always wise, paranoia is not a good thing.

Looking forward to getting out & about more with the group(s) to better edumacate the masses :dude: