• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling to Oregon from Washington in July

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

I have agreed to take the g/f to Oregon for about a week during the July 4th holiday. I know my Washington CPL is not honored there and that I would have to have an Oregon CHL to carry in most situations.

In Washington, my CPL allows me to carry a loaded pistol in a car or on my bike in addition to CC. I usually OC but for this trip I would rather CC.

I have two questions.

1, Will I have time to obtain an Oregon CHL before my trip?

2, Are there any caveats to carrying in Oregon (Both OC and CC)?

I know the second question is rather broad but I'm hoping to get a quick breakdown on any relevant laws because I won't have time to look them all up before my trip.

Phssthpok

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
OK, never mind. I just found 166.291, http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/ID/chl.shtml
& http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.html

They have 45 days to issue AND I have to complete some kind of handgun safety class. :banghead:

I hope the one week I don't carry doesn't contain the one day I needed to...

You can still OC, even loaded in the car, so long as you unload in the localities that have prohibited loaded OC. There's a list stickied at the top of the OR forum.