• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you OC a Black Powder gun in SC

PT111

imported post

Can you OC or CC a cap & ball gun such as the NAA Mini revolver in SC without a permit? For that matter any C&B gun. They are considered antique firearms whether made before or after 1898 and not classified as pistols or handguns.

PT111

imported post

I previously did the searching you recommended and came up with these. I am just wondering how they do apply.

SECTION 16-23-10

(1) "Handgun" means any firearm designed to expel a projectile and designed to be fired from the hand, but shall not include any firearm generally recognized or classified as an antique, curiosity, or collector's item, or any that does not fire fixed cartridges.

SECTION 23-31-110

(a) "Pistol" means any firearm designed to expel a projectile and designed to be fired from the hand, but shall not include any firearm generally recognized or classified as an antique, curiosity, or collector's item, or any that does not fire fixed cartridges.

SECTION 16-23-210.

(f) "Antique firearm" means any firearm not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

rmodel65

imported post

i have wondered this too, because last time i went to SC i was disarmed outside of my vehicle

TheMrMitch

imported post

:lol:HehHeh ....I recently got a Howdah with a holster. OCing has occured to me and I can't quit thinking of it.

I'm in Ky and OC all the time......Just can't imagine the reactions to the below.

s7_216598_imageset_01

Tired_Marine

imported post

I usually don't come down on people and the choice of weapons. But thats seems impractical. Why? Just wondering.

TheMrMitch

imported post

Tired_Marine wrote:
I usually don't come down on people and the choice of weapons. But thats seems impractical. Why? Just wondering.
Yeah....HehHeh had just crossed my mind....NO open carry. Methinks it will sit nicely on my front seat, though.:dude: