View Poll Results: Tuesday's Vote - Who are you voting for?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian Moran

21 52.50%
  • Creigh Deeds

14 35.00%
  • Terry McAuliffe

0 0%
  • I am not sure yet

2 5.00%
  • I am not gonna vote

3 7.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok.. so who are ya gonna vote for Tuesday 6/9/09?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ODCO endoreses Moran... Deeds flip flops on Guns, Terry is a Kaine clone... are you gonna vote?
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

As much as it pains me to do so, I think we ought to all stick together and vote for Moran for the reason given by OCDO. It's a strategy, not a concession, and we need to try our best to keep McAuliffe out of the general election and out of the governor's mansion.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Chuckles wrote:
    As much as it pains me to do so, I think we ought to all stick together and vote for Moran for the reason given by OCDO. It's a strategy, not a concession, and we need to try our best to keep McAuliffe out of the general election and out of the governor's mansion.
    +1

Post imported post

I'll be voting for Moran. I'm excited, this will be my first time voting at the polls!

Post imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/am21rtOTEj0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/V1UeLCOQttY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

rkbaguy wrote:
    The one who will not veto the restaurant bill.
    Then don't vote for Moran. I can't understand why OCDO endorsed Moran. Moran is a flaming P.O.S. His brother the Congressman is just as bad.

I'll be voting for Deeds. Moran has no business getting close to the Governor's Office.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

I vote in a school so I guess it will be with an empty OCd holster and digital recorder.

Wonder if they'll let me in with a GSL sticker or pin badge

Come to think of it, I do have a VCDL T-shirt - didn't they decide that political or patriotic T-shirts were good to go now?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    rkbaguy wrote:
    Then don't vote for Moran. I can't understand why OCDO endorsed Moran. Moran is a flaming P.O.S. His brother the Congressman is just as bad.

I'll be voting for Deeds. Moran has no business getting close to the Governor's Office.
    My objective is to vote for the person most likely to lose to McDonnell in November.
    USAF Retired
    Certified Glock Armorer
    -------------
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. --- Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I am very torn...initially, I had no problem voting for Moran because strategically, that seems the best route to take. After considering the off chance that Moran actually made it to office...I lean more to Deeds...but then I consider that when he ran against McDonnell in 2005, he only lost by 360 votes...it just seems like a catch 22 either way you hang it!

Post imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
    I am very torn...initially, I had no problem voting for Moran because strategically, that seems the best route to take. After considering the off chance that Moran actually made it to office...I lean more to Deeds...but then I consider that when he ran against McDonnell in 2005, he only lost by 360 votes...it just seems like a catch 22 either way you hang it!
    Same problem but.....Moran is the weaker of the two IMHO, and he certainly isn't any worse than Kaine has been and we survived him.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    Then don't vote for Moran. I can't understand why OCDO endorsed Moran.
    They endorsed him to let Deeds feel the wrath of gun rights activists. It also has the benefit of creating a lot of attention on OCDO in Virginia.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

So again I need someone to explain to me why Bob McDonnell is such a great candidate that we need to let Brian Moran get closer to the governorship, as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?

McDonnell's record on guns about equal with Deeds. Put another way - Deeds and McDonnell are far closer on guns than Deeds is to the other 2 bozos.

From a strategic risk analysis standpoint, this is a poor strategy. The upside is very small, and the consequences of failure are large.

Post imported post

T Dubya wrote:
    rkbaguy wrote:

I agree with you. I think OCDO endorsing Moran as a "strategic vote" is reckless at best and stupid at worst. You CANNOT estimate electabilty of a candidate in general elections judguing by primary polls. Moran isreally anit-gun, Deeds just threw a bone to antis in aform of "gun show loophole", other than that he is pretty pro-gun.

By voting for Moran over Deedswe areshooting yourself in the foot.

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    ...as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?
    I agree, we shouldn't split the vote. You should vote for Moran.

~ Boyd

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    So again I need someone to explain to me why Bob McDonnell is such a great candidate that we need to let Brian Moran get closer to the governorship, as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?

McDonnell's record on guns about equal with Deeds. Put another way - Deeds and McDonnell are far closer on guns than Deeds is to the other 2 bozos.

From a strategic risk analysis standpoint, this is a poor strategy. The upside is very small, and the consequences of failure are large.
    +100

Vote for Deeds. Make it Deeds vs McDonnel in November and either way you are better off that with Kaine. Vote for Moran and you have a good chance to get another Timmah for next 4 years...

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Fetts Lady wrote:
    Same problem but.....Moran is the weaker of the two IMHO, and he certainly isn't any worse than Kaine has been and we survived him.
    I guess my point is ultimately, I am much more comfortable with Deeds and feel that the 'vote for the weakest link' has far too much potential to backfire.

Post imported post

My view, whether Deeds or Moran wins, it's a win just keeping McAuliffe out. So vote your own conscience. Either way if we have an impact it will be felt and they will know we are watching them and will do what we can to reward and punish.

Post imported post

TexasNative wrote:
    Skeptic wrote:

~ Boyd
    Unfortunately the number of gun owners in Virginia versus the number of gun owners even aware that OCDO exists much less their endorsement is negligible.

If I had never heard of OCDO before the endorsement, I would have assumed that their endorsement was along the lines of the Ray Schoenke's AHSA endorsement of Obama last year.

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    [flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/am21rtOTEj0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
    Re: Ed's video above;

Moran has got one of the worst contrived smiles I've seen. Well maybe Pelosi's beats it :^).

Post imported post

Skeptic wrote:
    TexasNative wrote:
    Skeptic wrote:

~ Boyd
    Unfortunately the number of gun owners in Virginia versus the number of gun owners even aware that OCDO exists much less their endorsement is negligible.

If I had never heard of OCDO before the endorsement, I would have assumed that their endorsement was along the lines of the Ray Schoenke's AHSA endorsement of Obama last year.
    That's a very good point Skeptic. There are a lot of "IF's" in this primary. Under ordinary circumstances I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. There are a number of factors this year that may change the word Ordinary.

First is Obama. He has stirred voters like no a$$hole I've ever seen.

Kaine has abused gun owners for a long time now.

Losing Goode in Southern Va has gotten many people who don't vote, ready to go out and cast a ballot (Long story on that one).

The economy is getting worse despite what CNBC says, and it's hitting rural areas very hard.

The turnout is generally light for the primary and we certainly are not the only people that will vote in the primary just to try to control who the Republicans have to run against.

Several sportsman groups near the NC border are pushing the idea with a lot of interest.

VCDL has said in an alert, that they support OCDO's plan.

It's evident that more Republicans and no party people will vote in the primary than normal. The question is who they will vote for.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    it did?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    it did?
    I stand corrected:

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) has received a lot of press attention for suggesting an interesting Primary strategy which in part urges all registered voters **regardless of party affiliation** to vote in the Democratic primary on Tuesday, June 9th. Fascinatingly, some of the press is "up in arms" about the strategy OCDO is proposing and they are attacking OCDO pretty harshly.

Sounds like somebody's ox is getting gored ;-)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/26709.html
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/26726.html

Please note that VCDL is not taking a position on the proposed strategy one way or the other.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    I'll be voting for Moran. I'm excited, this will be my first time voting at the polls!
    First time I voted I did so for Palin.

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Congrats! My first 'big election' was the 2004 Pres Election...it was a great feeling walking in and being able to let my voice be heard.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast