• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok.. so who are ya gonna vote for Tuesday 6/9/09?

Tuesday's Vote - Who are you voting for?

• Brian Moran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creigh Deeds

• Terry McAuliffe

• I am not sure yet

• I am not gonna vote

• Total voters

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Skeptic wrote:
TexasNative wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
...as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?
I agree, we shouldn't split the vote. You should vote for Moran. :D

~ Boyd
Unfortunately the number of gun owners in Virginia versus the number of gun owners even aware that OCDO exists much less their endorsement is negligible.

If I had never heard of OCDO before the endorsement, I would have assumed that their endorsement was along the lines of the Ray Schoenke's AHSA endorsement of Obama last year.
That's a very good point Skeptic. There are a lot of "IF's" in this primary. Under ordinary circumstances I'd agree with you wholeheartedly. There are a number of factors this year that may change the word Ordinary.

First is Obama. He has stirred voters like no a$$hole I've ever seen.

Kaine has abused gun owners for a long time now.

Losing Goode in Southern Va has gotten many people who don't vote, ready to go out and cast a ballot (Long story on that one).

The economy is getting worse despite what CNBC says, and it's hitting rural areas very hard.

The turnout is generally light for the primary and we certainly are not the only people that will vote in the primary just to try to control who the Republicans have to run against.

Several sportsman groups near the NC border are pushing the idea with a lot of interest.

VCDL has said in an alert, that they support OCDO's plan.

It's evident that more Republicans and no party people will vote in the primary than normal. The question is who they will vote for.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ed wrote:
peter nap wrote:
VCDL has said in an alert, that they support OCDO's plan.
it did?

I stand corrected:

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) has received a lot of press attention for suggesting an interesting Primary strategy which in part urges all registered voters **regardless of party affiliation** to vote in the Democratic primary on Tuesday, June 9th. Fascinatingly, some of the press is "up in arms" about the strategy OCDO is proposing and they are attacking OCDO pretty harshly.

Sounds like somebody's ox is getting gored ;-)

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/26709.html
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/26726.html

Please note that VCDL is not taking a position on the proposed strategy one way or the other.

nova

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I'll be voting for Moran. I'm excited, this will be my first time voting at the polls! :D
First time I voted I did so for Palin. :D:cool:

Fetts Lady

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
My view, whether Deeds or Moran wins, it's a win just keeping McAuliffe out.  So vote your own conscience.  Either way if we have an impact it will be felt and they will know we are watching them and will do what we can to reward and punish.

Very true

fairfax1

imported post

nova wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I'll be voting for Moran. I'm excited, this will be my first time voting at the polls! :D
First time I voted I did so for Palin. :D:cool:
I also voted for Palin. McCain's name just happened to be on the ticket :X

For this primary, I voted absentee ballot for Deeds. I figured he was the least worst democrat. I mailed the ballot before I heard about OCDO's endorsement of Moran.

nova

imported post

I don't know if I'll be voting tues but if I do it won't be for the carpetbagger clintonite.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Mike wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
Is there a recent poll on this race? I am going to vote Tuesday and I honestly don't care who wins and runs against Bob McDonnell, as long as his name is not McAuliffe.
And the best way to do this is to pile on one canddiate not split votes: Moran!
And that is why I am voting for Moran as BAD as I wanna vote for deeds.. I would hate for gun owners to split and the end result would be that Terry wins

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ed wrote:
Mike wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
Is there a recent poll on this race? I am going to vote Tuesday and I honestly don't care who wins and runs against Bob McDonnell, as long as his name is not McAuliffe.
And that is why I am voting for Moran as BAD as I wanna vote for deeds.. I would hate for gun owners to split and the end result would be that Terry wins
IMO, Unfortunately, the decision to split the pro gun vote was already made when OCDO endorsed Moran.

There are a lot of gun owners out there that don't play close attention to the news or endorsements but they remember that Deeds has usually done right by them in the past. Having done public opinion polling, door to door electioneering, and poll work in the past, that is about as far as the average voter takes it.

Deeds is leading in several polls and it is all going to come down to turnout.

Chaingun81

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
ed wrote:
Mike wrote:
Chuckles wrote:
IMO, Unfortunately, the decision to split the pro gun vote was already made when OCDO endorsed Moran.

There are a lot of gun owners out there that don't play close attention to the news or endorsements but they remember that Deeds has usually done right by them in the past. Having done public opinion polling, door to door electioneering, and poll work in the past, that is about as far as the average voter takes it.

Deeds is leading in several polls and it is all going to come down to turnout.
Yep, that's what I'm worried about. I think that most of pro-gun dems will vote for Deeds, but now with OCDO's endorsement some will vote for Moran and I think that what might happen is the worst - McAuliffe would win. I still cannot get over that OCDO would do something that dangerous and reckless - sounds a lot like sabotage to me... :banghead:

Neplusultra

imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:

Well that is a different matter. Hard to say. Are there other polls with the same info? If Moran is that far behind it would be better to vote Deeds to help keep McAuliffe out, wouldn't it? Wasn't it reported earlier, somewhere, that Moran was in second with McAuliffe in the lead?

Chaingun81

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Chaingun81 wrote:

Well that is a different matter. Hard to say. Are there other polls with the same info? If Moran is that far behind it would be better to vote Deeds to help keep McAuliffe out, wouldn't it? Wasn't it reported earlier, somewhere, that Moran was in second with McAuliffe in the lead?

I believe that a week and a half ago Moran was ahead. Frankly, I don't know how good any of these polls are - they all seem to be contradicting each other. For all I know, all candidates have equal shot. So, to me it makes absolute sense to vote for the one who is least anti-gun. I'd also love to see Ken Cuccinelli as a Governor, don't get me wrong, but beaing realistic I'd rather get 75% of what i want than 25%. Just simple math.

Chuckles

imported post

We can't do anything about people not on this board or aware of this debate, but it really sucks the bunch of us here can't even agree on one candidate!

OCDO/VCDL may be a small group of people in VA, but in a close race like this one, and with primaries usually having low turn-outs, I really thought we could've helped to swing the outcome. Webb only beat Allen by nine thousand votes in a state-wide election 2.5 years ago!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

try to wear visible pro-gun indecia when voting and moran stickers or buttons!

We are engaged in an information operation here - if you can, open carry!

The polls, schmoles - this race is close and independents are not being called by pollsters. Vote for Moran to send a signal that politicians will pay a prioce when they sell out gun woners to run for state office.

if everybody votes for deeds, that encourages even mcDonnell to compromise on gun rights.