• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok.. so who are ya gonna vote for Tuesday 6/9/09?

Tuesday's Vote - Who are you voting for?

• Brian Moran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creigh Deeds

• Terry McAuliffe

• I am not sure yet

• I am not gonna vote

• Total voters

Chuckles

imported post

As much as it pains me to do so, I think we ought to all stick together and vote for Moran for the reason given by OCDO. It's a strategy, not a concession, and we need to try our best to keep McAuliffe out of the general election and out of the governor's mansion.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Chuckles wrote:
As much as it pains me to do so, I think we ought to all stick together and vote for Moran for the reason given by OCDO. It's a strategy, not a concession, and we need to try our best to keep McAuliffe out of the general election and out of the governor's mansion.
+1

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rkbaguy wrote:
The one who will not veto the restaurant bill.

Then don't vote for Moran. I can't understand why OCDO endorsed Moran. Moran is a flaming P.O.S. His brother the Congressman is just as bad.

I'll be voting for Deeds. Moran has no business getting close to the Governor's Office.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I vote in a school so I guess it will be with an empty OCd holster and digital recorder.

Wonder if they'll let me in with a GSL sticker or pin badge :lol:

Come to think of it, I do have a VCDL T-shirt - didn't they decide that political or patriotic T-shirts were good to go now?

Yata hey

coondog22554

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
rkbaguy wrote:

Then don't vote for Moran. I can't understand why OCDO endorsed Moran. Moran is a flaming P.O.S. His brother the Congressman is just as bad.

I'll be voting for Deeds. Moran has no business getting close to the Governor's Office.
My objective is to vote for the person most likely to lose to McDonnell in November.

Fetts Lady

imported post

I am very torn...initially, I had no problem voting for Moran because strategically, that seems the best route to take. After considering the off chance that Moran actually made it to office...I lean more to Deeds...but then I consider that when he ran against McDonnell in 2005, he only lost by 360 votes...it just seems like a catch 22 either way you hang it!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Fetts Lady wrote:
I am very torn...initially, I had no problem voting for Moran because strategically, that seems the best route to take. After considering the off chance that Moran actually made it to office...I lean more to Deeds...but then I consider that when he ran against McDonnell in 2005, he only lost by 360 votes...it just seems like a catch 22 either way you hang it!

Same problem but.....Moran is the weaker of the two IMHO, and he certainly isn't any worse than Kaine has been and we survived him.

Thundar

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Then don't vote for Moran. I can't understand why OCDO endorsed Moran.
They endorsed him to let Deeds feel the wrath of gun rights activists. It also has the benefit of creating a lot of attention on OCDO in Virginia.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

So again I need someone to explain to me why Bob McDonnell is such a great candidate that we need to let Brian Moran get closer to the governorship, as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?

McDonnell's record on guns about equal with Deeds. Put another way - Deeds and McDonnell are far closer on guns than Deeds is to the other 2 bozos.

From a strategic risk analysis standpoint, this is a poor strategy. The upside is very small, and the consequences of failure are large.

Chaingun81

imported post

T Dubya wrote:
rkbaguy wrote:

I agree with you. I think OCDO endorsing Moran as a "strategic vote" is reckless at best and stupid at worst. You CANNOT estimate electabilty of a candidate in general elections judguing by primary polls. Moran isreally anit-gun, Deeds just threw a bone to antis in aform of "gun show loophole", other than that he is pretty pro-gun.

By voting for Moran over Deedswe areshooting yourself in the foot.

Chaingun81

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
So again I need someone to explain to me why Bob McDonnell is such a great candidate that we need to let Brian Moran get closer to the governorship, as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?

McDonnell's record on guns about equal with Deeds. Put another way - Deeds and McDonnell are far closer on guns than Deeds is to the other 2 bozos.

From a strategic risk analysis standpoint, this is a poor strategy. The upside is very small, and the consequences of failure are large.

+100

Vote for Deeds. Make it Deeds vs McDonnel in November and either way you are better off that with Kaine. Vote for Moran and you have a good chance to get another Timmah for next 4 years...

Fetts Lady

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Fetts Lady wrote:

Same problem but.....Moran is the weaker of the two IMHO, and he certainly isn't any worse than Kaine has been and we survived him.

I guess my point is ultimately, I am much more comfortable with Deeds and feel that the 'vote for the weakest link' has far too much potential to backfire.

Neplusultra

imported post

My view, whether Deeds or Moran wins, it's a win just keeping McAuliffe out. So vote your own conscience. Either way if we have an impact it will be felt and they will know we are watching them and will do what we can to reward and punish.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TexasNative wrote:
Skeptic wrote:
...as well as split what pro-gun vote there is in the Democratic party?
I agree, we shouldn't split the vote. You should vote for Moran. :D

~ Boyd
Unfortunately the number of gun owners in Virginia versus the number of gun owners even aware that OCDO exists much less their endorsement is negligible.

If I had never heard of OCDO before the endorsement, I would have assumed that their endorsement was along the lines of the Ray Schoenke's AHSA endorsement of Obama last year.