• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Pics of my lot at Iksgiza Lake

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Flintlock wrote:
Nice!! Looks like a decent piece of land, keep us posted on developments!
I will. Pretty stoked about getting up to Alaska. Need to find some work in Fairbanks I'm thinking in the next year or so.

Baradium

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
I will. Pretty stoked about getting up to Alaska. Need to find some work in Fairbanks I'm thinking in the next year or so.

Still a lot of jobs around. It seems to be best to come and apply in person IMO.

Flintlock

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Flintlock wrote:
But you must be kinda sad about ditching the laid-back sailboat lifestyle.. :dude:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Flintlock, I'm thinking I might eventually try to pull off a sailboat in SE Alaska. Live on it half a year, and spend the other half in the woods. Will see.

Flintlock

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Flintlock, I'm thinking I might eventually try to pull off a sailboat in SE Alaska. Live on it half a year, and spend the other half in the woods. Will see.
That is a dream of many and I am envious.

What were you planning to do for work or are you retired?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Heheh mebbe in another 35 years I'll be retired. I'm 29 right now. No idea how I'll pull this off, but I'm working on it. It's just a matter of putting the pieces together. Helps to be single