Thread: Kalamazoo picnic gets great video press coverage

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Here is the Kalamazoo Gazette article!

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...rt_for_op.html
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Great job guys!

I had to chuckle at the beginning of that news report, however.

The yellow "crime scene" tape in front of the pistol in the background?

Classic! Gotta love the media.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

That was most likely the only graphic they had that they thought fit:P
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Great job guys. Carry on!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I didn't sound like a complete idiot! Whee!

Post imported post

You get a passing grade

Post imported post

Had major probs getting forum to open today - finally got in! And Zig, I think you came across quite well. Great job to all. The Fox WXMI vid was great. Gotta love a couple of the comments posted to the Gazette tho - people, I swear...
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

There is a rabid CPL holder on there that is determined to cram his idea that CC is the only way And he is downright lying

Post imported post

That discussion is getting pretty heated...

Post imported post

That was a very nice TV piece and newspaper article. Quite well balanced.

I began to read the responding letters. I just can't believe there someantis out there that speak and act as they do. Why do they care so much of what others do. They aren't required to own a gun. How does my right and want to have and or carry a gun affect them. They can't possible be all seeing and all knowing as to my life and wants and needs.

The one commenter said the hunters could rent a gun from the DNR when we want to go hunting then return it. That is on par with logic of a 7 year old. ( My pardons to 7 yo )

Maybe he could rent a computer from the Government Computer Czar with all appropriate restriction. When he wanted to exercise the 1st amendment.

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

I wouldn't pay any attention to any negativity at the milive.com website; you could give statistical information until you are blue in the face and that still wouldn't change their opinions. They are basing their arguments on emotions; can't argue with crazy. If they want to find out the truth, this website was given. I doubt anyone that thinks citizens should'nt be armed will check it out, though.

I think Josh and Robert did a good job of presenting the information; I also think Lisa LaPlante was very neutral, as she should be. This was a very good, positive, and favorable report and we should be proud that "correct" information is being shown to more people than those who view this website.

Great job everyone!

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

I agree Dr. Todd! I however get most disgusted when someone from within the ranks so to speak opens there mouth without first engaging the brain! As for the article and the TV bit they are very good reporting! I made my fisrt post a compliment to Kathy because She interviewed me and proceeded to write it down just as I told it!

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    There is a rabid CPL holder on there that is determined to cram his idea that CC is the only way And he is downright lying

lol - rabid... Seems so, doesn't it? Wow, he does seem to feel pretty strongly about OC vs CC. In a sense, I understand where he's coming from - in my CPL class, we were also told that if carrying concealed, it MUST REMAIN CONCEALED. It was much later when I learned that we were misinformed. And there's nothing written about transition from CC to OC, so...

As far as the anti's comments on mlive - I think I agree with what Dr Todd said - that you can state facts and stats until blue in the face and it doesn't make the slightest difference in their opinion, as they're not interested in facts, they're speaking on behalf of their emotions - and seemingly misguided emotions, at that. I DO understand that many ppl out there did NOT grow up in a firearm-friendly home and that their opinions have been primarily formed by biased media. That "liem" fellow, for instance, cut straight to name-calling and stereotyping. His argument, if you'd call it that, wasn't backed by anything substancial.

I agree that guns aren't for everyone. NOTHING is for everyone. But just because it's not for you, it doesn't give you the right to make it wrong for everyone else, too. Personally one of my greatest loves is skydiving. Again, NOT for everyone. But for someone who's scared of heights to stand on a soap box andscream out that it's dangerous and should be illegal is absurd.The infringement of personal choice is anti-American and anti-freedom. These people who ask for gov't to mandate personal choices scare the hell out of me. I'd swear, this is NOT the best country for them.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    can't argue with crazy.
    So true! Just tell 'em you carry to fend off monsters.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Some days aren't even worth chewing thru the restraints, huh?

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    Some days aren't even worth chewing thru the restraints, huh?
    cowhide restraints... the closest I get to a steak.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Sure it great seeing my home town in the news.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

What about the guy who kept citing the case from Illinois about how the US constitution doesn't give us the right to keep and bear arms. He said that only the Michigan constitution does? Nobody seemed to have an answer for that.

btw, been lurking here for awhile now, my first post.

Post imported post

drew68 wrote:
    What about the guy who kept citing the case from Illinois about how the US constitution doesn't give us the right to keep and bare arms. He said that only the Michigan constitution does? Nobody seemed to have an answer for that.

btw, been lurking here for awhile now, my first post.
    Welcome aboard Drew68! This thread has pretty much died, with the Kzoo picnic being a while ago now. The last post before yours is from June 12th. Hopefully I'll see you in some ongoing discussions, i.e.: "list your carry experiences here" thread.

Also, you'll probably be promptly asked to click in the upper right corner "my account", and add your location to your profile. Hope you like what and who you find here.

Post imported post

drew could you please put your state under your name!please

Post imported post

The guy quoting IL is an idiot .. I know him and he hates the 2A and is always looking for an excuse to try and nullify it. Also for everyone who says the 2A has not been incorporated... I say every state that has the language or like MI more specific language has incorporated it. However Just BC a state hasn't shouldn't mean the Federal 2A isn't in force... as Federal Law trumps state law if the state law is less strict or not there....

Our constitution has a more strict definition that clarifies it for us so as a result that really helps us. But even states that don't cannot say that the Federal law that is the constitution and the amendments is not enforceable... as the states had to vote on every amendment in the first place...